Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Anyone here BMX??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here BMX??

Well Ive been riding bmx for a few months now> I can do basic tricks street/park/and dirt jumps. heres my bike... so who else rides!?(this was right after I painted it, now the chain and seat are on lol. its a DK 8 pack)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22465.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	1266596  
Old 09-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone here BMX??

Used to do track and freestyle bmx, til I discovered I was a much better roller skater. Broke almost every bone in my body at one time or another between bmxing, skating and mountain biking.

I had a super rare original HARO and was mugged for it as I was coming out of Guildford Station in broad daylight.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 AM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to ride BMX. But now I skate.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:56 PM
hobson08

I dont BMX but i do mountain biking i got a GT Aggressor XC.3
Old 09-01-2009, 03:06 PM
TIGER76

Used to years ago getting too old and frail to be falling off vert ramps now lol

Still have my hutch judge in the garage you youngs ones wouldnt of heard of hutch racing i expect but back in the day tim hutch ruled freestyle racing [8D]
I had a hoffman condor at one piont too great frame for vert.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:48 PM
jikkuria

a few years back, then i got fat. lol, im in better shape, but im fatter if that makes sense.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:09 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

i used to ride BMX. was more into the 80's freestyle type stuff. i still ride a little bit, mostly point A to point B or ill get board and hit up the riverbed trail that's down the street from me, on occasion i flash back and try to do a little flatland. it's hard cause right now my bike isn't really set up for it. no gyro, mismatched pegs, the breaks sucks, the forks are bent, the handlebars are bent, the frame is bent, the cranks are to long.
anyway here it goes. my 1994 VFR Dyno

anybody know if you can run front breaks and a gyro with a threaded headset? i used to have a gyro on it but i lost the front break because of it. i want to put the gyro back on but i want a front break.
and has anyone tried 990 break adapters?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:16 PM
SlashBasher

Umm Im not sure on the gyro and front brake but you probaly can, im sure they makes some thats would work. I just got back from riding our dirt jumps. We are going to work on them more tomorrow. maybe Ill get a few pics and a vid or two
Old 09-01-2009, 09:21 PM
ELK

the front break wire would have to go through the front of the frame where the handle bars mount to and out the forks thats how my bike is setup
Old 09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Old and smoke way too much but yes.

Maad flatland freestyle before it was called flatland.
Some decent dirt jumping maybe 7-8' up.
Flip flops all day, bunny-hop over garbage cans, framestands, (the barstands diddn't go so well) 360's off curbs, turn and ride backwards sitting on the bars etc...
When skating first came around here I used to jump random launch ramps that kids would have set up on the sidewalk and sky 6' air on my tank of a Mongoose FS-1.

I had a Nickel plated Goose and some other classics.
And yes I remember the Hutch.[8D]
How bout some Boss 3 piece cranks, DK mini or Pit bull neck, Landing Gear forks and S&M Slam bars on that Hutch, or a Quad angle anyone?
What were the plastic rims you could straighten out in the freezer? Z-rims?
Rims NOT mags.
What about the seat that had the roller wheel on the back?[sm=lol.gif]

Oh my first REAL bike was a Raliegh ?Rampart? with spider mags and I think they were actually made out of Magnesium.
That bike got stolen after I rode it 3 blocks to go show my mom at her work.[:@]

Started with the first Mongoose freestyle bike - FS-1
Then I had a Mongoose Decade, here's an oldie for you... SKYWAY teardrop frame.[sm=shades_smile.gif]
That Skyway was THE lightest bike around! Everyone wanted it!
I broke the frame and traded it for something real nice but I don't remember what.
Had many bikes since then and now my current bike (that I have not rode this year ) is-
GT Pro Series frame, Diamond Back 3 piece cranks, GT sprocket, Sun rims, Redline hubs, Free Agent neck, and S&M Slam bars.

Here's a crappy pic-

If any of you old-schoolers remember the stuff I mentioned give some feedback.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
SLAYERDUDE

I think you are talking about this-

EDIT-
Oh I think your seat post is bent too.
That's pretty laid back for a laid back.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:54 PM
suburban_hooligan

i know how the front breaks are set up. what i don't know is if they make the parts that will work with the type of headset i have to run. im stuck running a threaded headset. your bike probably has a threadless headset or maybe an integrated headset, front breaks are eazy with those set ups. i have forks and a threadless headset, but the headset doesn't fit my frame and from what i hear they don't make a set that does fit. so im stuck running the damn old school threaded set up which has kinda got me pissed off because i want to run a front break. so im looking for parts/info on doing it
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
suburban_hooligan

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

EDIT-
Oh I think your seat post is bent too.
That's pretty laid back for a laid back.
lol, i know, that's complements of my fat ass. turned my laid back post into a recliner. let me put it to you this way. im 5' 11" tall. my arm span from finger tip to finger tip is 6' 2". sitting on the seat its hard to reach the bars while riding. i need to bend it back a little bit and then just not sit on it again
Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 PM
SLAYERDUDE

You said not me brotha![sm=lol.gif]
I did but backspaced it before posting lol.
I know my fat ass bent a few.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:53 PM
suburban_hooligan

i just answered my own question. i asked a homie who was around the BMX scene back in the 80's. said to run a front break with a threaded headset all i have to do is get a hollow stem bolt.
the bad news. he doesn't think they make them anymore
Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

I used to back in the 80's when I was young and nimble.
I lived in the bush though and used to jump over rocks, fallen logs and off our jetty in to the lake.

I saw this picture in a magazine the other day and it made me laugh.
Unfortunately you can't see the expressions on people's faces as well in this picture as it's pretty small.

Awesome shot though.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 AM
SlashBasher

Ya I have seen that pic, its an awsome shot but when he landed well.....[:@]. lol. You cant really bail on a jump like that lol. and wagen they make ollow stem bolts. I have one. I will look around for one.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:14 PM
suburban_hooligan

as long as were on the subject of pic's. here's an awesome 80's shot for ya
Old 09-02-2009, 12:47 PM
J.D.T

about 25 years ago lol, I still got my MX II redline sporting black Z Rims with ACS hubs, need the period correct crank but with a little air in the tires it could be ridden today
Old 09-02-2009, 01:05 PM
lez1troubles

hey st dragn wagen, thats a S.E Quadangle aint it, I had a PK Ripper also from S.E. Great bikes, wish I still had it. I now ride a Pirahna street bike, its not bad. I live in Antwerpen in Belgium and we have just got a really mean skate park built by PAIN SK8 PARKS, it's an American firm thats building around europe, really good idea, turn europe into a great big park. I sometimes take my buggy with me because there is also a rather large construction site next to it. I've been riding since I was 10, 'm now 38,:-). Keeps me young. Have fun.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:12 PM
suburban_hooligan

here's a new pic of my bikei took about an hour ago. i "fixed" the seat post a bit. took the seat off, put a pipe on post on it and bent it back. actually bent it over an inch. i can actually reach the bars now. also now equiped with brake cables. but the breaks dont work for crap so.... also changed the seat to something with a little more padding. should help save my butt on a long ride
Old 09-03-2009, 03:57 PM
SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

about 25 years ago lol, I still got my MX II redline sporting black Z Rims with ACS hubs, need the period correct crank but with a little air in the tires it could be ridden today
J.D.T - are the Z-rims the ones you could taco and unlace the spokes then put them in the freezer and they would straighten right out?
I had a friend that would do huge kickouts just to taco his rims and watch people freak out.
He straightened those rims 50 times I bet.

Cool ride st_dragn-wagen.
I gotta go outside and get a decent pic of my GT now.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:08 PM
SLAYERDUDE

Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ride BMX, i had a Daimondback grind '08, then outgrew it cause the frame was tiny, not i ride a DK 8pack. Im going to paint it some time soon, satin black and satin red. It gonna look sick.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:45 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: SLAYERDUDE

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

J.D.T - are the Z-rims the ones you could taco and unlace the spokes then put them in the freezer and they would straighten right out?
I had a friend that would do huge kickouts just to taco his rims and watch people freak out.
He straightened those rims 50 times I bet.

Cool ride st_dragn-wagen.
I gotta go outside and get a decent pic of my GT now.
Yep, I only had to take my rear apart once to straigthen, I rode them for about 4 years until I got a little to big to feel comfortable on rims as at 13 I was 6'1 and 201 lbs so by then I switched to skyway tuffwheel IIs, my home computer has a virus so I can't post a pic but if I get that sorted or find the pic I posted on bmx museum a few years back I will post it up here. I have a mongoose to but it lives at my cousins house with his collection, thats what I need to get a picture of, I think he has 6 or 7 complete bikes now, all mongoose or supergoose, most on tuffwheels but one on spiders and one on araya's (sp) if I remeber right, he was going to trade for another one but not sure if it went through. He has two grandbabies and a third on the way and his kids keep talking about passing on the bikes because he has allready said no one gets his 66 mustang as he wants buried in it lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.