Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

DANGERS OF LAPTOP/PC USE

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:15 PM
dc2 man
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DANGERS OF LAPTOP/PC USE

well lads n ladies i decided that i would depress ye all for a while lol
im cutting down on my usage dramaticly anyway,i dont use mine as much. well for other reasons also.

Laptop Dangers & general facts

1/ reduced fertility & high radiation levels
2/ slight mental retardation,{proven fact lol} ie,reduced concentration levels,anger issues
3/ insomnia some cases
4/ acute blindness
5/ muscle spasms
6/ arthritis in some peoples hands
7/ irritability
8/ general stress
9/ higher monthly elec bills
10/ no intrest in other life activites
36/ forgeting how to count

lots of others too.....

I have an additional concern about body exposure to any electromagnetic radiation, from computers and cell phones held next to the body. Cell phones emit radiation whether they are in talk or standby mode as they constantly search for a transmitter. Everyone should always use a headset rather than putting a cell phone next to your brain. Children should never use cell phones without a headset. Don't keep cell phones in a pants pocket near reproductive organs or in a shirt or jacket pocket next to your heart. A review of all cell phone studies to date revealed that nine published studies have examined the association between cell phones and brain or eye tumors. All nine showed an enhanced cancer risk from cell phones with increasing risk for longer duration of phone use.

Computers similarly emit electromagnetic radiation. My advice is to keep them off your lap & limit usage.
get more active spend less time on them.

well everybody time for me to go browse the net for the night

Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 PM
Anomie

Default RE: DANGERS OF LAPTOP/PC USE

Sooo... I should stop sleeping with my laptop?
Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
dc2 man
Banned

yes & so should i......

thats it at least now i wont be waking up at 3 & 4 am in the mornings with all the bed covers missing..........DAMM LAPTOP
Old 10-21-2009, 09:44 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They say these things but no body can even proof that it is scientifically true.

Like the cell phone radiation harms, no body could even proof it. Some say yes, some say no.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:10 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Ya right.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:44 AM
dsales

Apparently they did manage to prove the cell phone one but decided to stay quiet as the phone companies would lose way to much money over it, they will not say anything about it until they find a better technology for all our phones to run off.
Did anyone see pictures of this business man on the news a while ago which was on his phone like 8 hours a day and had a tumour develop just behind his ear in the exact position and size of his cell phone. Frickin scary.

If you put your laptop on a table you will avoid the infertility. Its the heat from laptops which does that more than the radiation.
And I thought you only got acute blindness from CRT's?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM
splcrazy

i keep my mobile phone in my back pocket for the past 11 years i have often had pain in my right back leg where i keep the phone , i should turn the reception off like airplane mode so id doesnt keep serching for the network , but then i cant get calls .
Old 10-22-2009, 05:12 AM
ttoks

well i definantly suffer from insomnia sometimes.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lol...

Subject: TOXIC CHEMICAL ALERT!!

The Invisible Killer

Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
* contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
* may cause severe burns.
* contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
* accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
* has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Contamination Is Reaching Epidemic Proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage in the US.

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
* in nuclear power plants.
* in the production of styrofoam.
* as a fire retardant.
* in many forms of cruel animal research.
* in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
* as an additive in certain "junk-foods" and other food products.

Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its "importance to the economic health of this nation." In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

The Horror Must Be Stopped!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know can hurt you and others throughout the world.

Please forward to all your friends, particularly if they are pregnant as addiction to this chemical can be passed from mother to unborn child. REMEMBER! The withdrawal symptoms can kill you.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:09 AM
dc2 man
Banned

well foxy wer ok but your amount of laptop use is definatly going to kill you
Old 10-22-2009, 06:12 AM
Foxy

By the way, re: above for the educationally challenged, Dihydrogen (mon)oxide, is water.

And lets not forget another personal favorite...

The Dangers of Bread
A recent Cincinnati Enquirer headline read, "Smell of baked bread may be health hazard." The article went on to describe the dangers of the smell of baking bread. The main danger, apparently, is that the organic components of this aroma may break down ozone (I'm not making this stuff up).

I was horrified. When are we going to do something about bread- induced global warming? Sure, we attack tobacco companies, but when is the government going to go after Big Bread?

Well, I've done a little research, and what I've discovered should make anyone think twice....

More than 98 percent of convicted felons are bread eaters.
Fully HALF of all children who grow up in bread-consuming households score below average on standardized tests.
In the 18th century, when virtually all bread was baked in the home, the average life expectancy was less than 50 years; infant mortality rates were unacceptably high; many women died in childbirth; and diseases such as typhoid, yellow fever and influenza ravaged whole nations.
More than 90 percent of violent crimes are committed within 24 hours of eating bread.
Bread is made from a substance called "dough." It has been proven that as little as one pound of dough can be used to suffocate a mouse. The average American eats more bread than that in one month!
Primitive tribal societies that have no bread exhibit a low occurrence of cancer, Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease and osteoporosis.
Bread has been proven to be addictive. Subjects deprived of bread and given only water to eat begged for bread after only two days.
Bread is often a "gateway" food item, leading the user to "harder" items such as butter, jelly, peanut butter and even cold cuts.
Bread has been proven to absorb water. Since the human body is more than 90 percent water, it follows that eating bread could lead to your body being taken over by this absorptive food product, turning you into a soggy, gooey bread-pudding person.
Newborn babies can choke on bread.
Bread is baked at temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit! That kind of heat can kill an adult in less than one minute.
Most American bread eaters are utterly unable to distinguish between significant scientific fact and meaningless statistical babbling.
In light of these frightening statistics, we propose the following bread restrictions:

No sale of bread to minors.
No advertising of bread within 1000 feet of a school.
A 300 percent federal tax on all bread to pay for all the societal ills we might associate with bread.
No animal or human images, nor any primary colors (which may appeal to children) may be used to promote bread usage.
A $4.2 zillion fine on the three biggest bread manufacturers. Please send this e-mail on to everyone you know who cares about this crucial issue.
In complete honesty, I've been sat in front of a screen for no less than TWO THIRDS of my waking life, and I'm fine...lol.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:36 AM
dc2 man
Banned

moral of the story here kids....

there are dangers in everything today really,just up to your self how much you subject yourselves to the obvious ones i suppose..
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 AM
Foxy

For me, the moral is that statistics can be used to prove anything, and 88.2% of them are made up on the spot.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:14 AM
hobbyenthusiast

When I read that dihydrogen monoxide thing I was thinking since when is H2O a toxic chemical?

Old 10-22-2009, 04:41 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

l just laughed my butt off, funny as, whats next !

Old 10-22-2009, 06:47 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i believe there is more harm to playing nitro rc than using a laptop
Old 10-23-2009, 06:25 AM
dc2 man
Banned

man looking back through it this is one funny thread LOL
Old 10-23-2009, 07:26 AM
Dirty_Vinylpusher

statistics can be used to prove anything

Yeah like that recent survey showing that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population.

What a load of bull. [sm=50_50.gif]

Old 10-23-2009, 08:26 AM
dc2 man
Banned

mmm statistics can sometimes be accurate but sometimes a lot of rubbish also

in fact statistics show that the amount of people that think statistics arnt accurate are pretty high! lol

Old 10-23-2009, 11:24 AM
dsales

This is a cool statistic. You have more chance of dieing if you are watching TV an hour before the lottery numbers are announced than from winning the prize money.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:36 AM
DarkFire989

I can see how screens can hurt your Eye sight. I have my laptop probably 2 ft from my eyes. Its a 15.4 inch screen with 1920x1200 resolution. But when I use other computers with lower resolution it really messes up my eye sight.