RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/)
-   -   Cell phones??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/off-topic-forum-cars-trucks-buggies-more-392/6381101-cell-phones.html)

Nick2618 09-17-2007 08:13 PM

Cell phones???

Anyone know about all the bs about which phones work on which carriers and stuff like that. I want a phone that works with metro pcs (small cell phone service not avaiable everywhere) and i know i can go buy say a slivr on their site right now. Dose that mean any slivr will work with their service or just certain ones. Any info on cell phone stuff like that will help. Thanks.

annie_himself 09-17-2007 08:15 PM

RE: Cell phones???

A Slvr doesn't have a good internet service, correct me if I'm wrong. You want something like a Blackjack, or 8525.

smaxx3.3 09-17-2007 08:16 PM

its the same phone just sent to all the carriers and they put their name all over it.

ProRCRacer88 09-17-2007 09:10 PM

ge tthe palm treo 700p.

coleholley 09-17-2007 09:22 PM

They have to be on the same band like GSM or Iden network, and things like that.

The_Lost_Otter 09-18-2007 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

ge tthe palm treo 700p.

dont get that it sucks, and dont get the lg chocolate, biggest pos i ever owned

ProRCRacer88 09-18-2007 11:35 AM

whats wrong with it? have you had one?

pinky2252ss 09-18-2007 05:56 PM

first, the chocolate is a bad slider because the hinges wear out after a while and its just crap

MiamizFinest 09-19-2007 01:11 AM

nick i live in miami in the heart of where METRO PCS started about 6 year ago so i thought id help u out

THERE IS NO PHONE ON THE MARKET that works with metro PCS unless its a METRO PCS phone.........metro pcs is the only company that does not use SIM CARDS.........so unless the phone is SPECIFALLY BRANDED METRO PCS nothing else will work

i hate metro PCS for about 4 years since it started (i had there first phone back when they only offered 1 fone model for everyone LOL) and honestly i hated it yea the free minuets was a plus but the fone lost signal so many times and barely worked anywhere........

plus i see ur in FL when a hurricane comes by FL guess what fones r the first ones to crap out and not work till a week after the storm passes?????:D

this is why i whent cingular and never looked back

The_Lost_Otter 09-19-2007 01:12 AM

ORIGINAL: pinky2252ss

first, the chocolate is a bad slider because the hinges wear out after a while and its just crap
i agree its the biggest peice of junk ever, me and my friends will through it like 25 yard back and forth to eath other, it just wont completely break.

Doahh 09-20-2007 07:06 PM

Verizon has no sim card either

jatoracing33 09-20-2007 07:20 PM

well, what ever you do, dont go with sprint/nextel...customer service is like.......BLAH[:'(][:@][:'(][:@]

quadzilla122 09-20-2007 07:37 PM

i cant help you i have an iphone

jatoracing33 09-20-2007 07:39 PM

so do i...its a razr and a psp and it cost me $250

Nick2618 09-20-2007 09:54 PM

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

nick i live in miami in the heart of where METRO PCS started about 6 year ago so i thought id help u out

THERE IS NO PHONE ON THE MARKET that works with metro PCS unless its a METRO PCS phone.........metro pcs is the only company that does not use SIM CARDS.........so unless the phone is SPECIFALLY BRANDED METRO PCS nothing else will work

i hate metro PCS for about 4 years since it started (i had there first phone back when they only offered 1 fone model for everyone LOL) and honestly i hated it yea the free minuets was a plus but the fone lost signal so many times and barely worked anywhere........

plus i see ur in FL when a hurricane comes by FL guess what fones r the first ones to crap out and not work till a week after the storm passes?????:D

this is why i whent cingular and never looked back
I have been using it for a bout a year now and the service has gotten better. When i first got it my phone did not get a good signal in many places but after like 2 months it improved i think they improved the network alot. Now i can get a signal almost anywhere except a couple building here adn there. Also when i first got it i would drop alot of calls. NOw i dont rember the last call i dropped. Metro has come along way from what it used to be. And there network is a decent size works from like northport to tampa and along I-4 to orlando. So i am pretty covered in this area. But thanks for the thoughts MiamizFinest. Not sure which phone i will get now. dont really want to spend 200 on a phone but my last 130 phone sucks and is now half borken after a year. [:@]

The Hedgehog 09-20-2007 10:36 PM

Hey nick I have a SLVR and it is the best phone I have ever owned. Usually after a year I cannot wait the last year to expire but not with this phone. I work out with it, listen to Itunes, it is great.

As for the comment with the SLVR having worse reception, It has better reception than my parent's LG's and all my previous models (Nokias, Motorolas). I have Cingular (I mean AT&T). If you have any questions let me know.

Nick2618 09-21-2007 09:49 PM

k thanks. Dose it work with reg mp3's or dose it have to be a itune file?

The_Lost_Otter 09-24-2007 01:06 AM

i lost my chocolate, in a fload. kinda happy its died finaslly...

get the env verizon has the best service

The Hedgehog 09-24-2007 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: nick2618

k thanks. Dose it work with reg mp3's or dose it have to be a itune file?
Well you need the itunes program to upload them to your phone, but regular mp3's work, that's all I have it's such an awesome feature.

Also, as for the post above me, you really can't say Verizon has the best service, very ignorant statement. It depends on where he lives and how the service is here, and I have found that cingular/att and verizon are very similar if not the same in most areas I have been, my family owns both. Now my phone has better service than my parent's LG's and they have Verizon, does that mean cingular/att is better? No it's just the phone.