Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Cell phones???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Nick2618

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phones???

Anyone know about all the bs about which phones work on which carriers and stuff like that. I want a phone that works with metro pcs (small cell phone service not avaiable everywhere) and i know i can go buy say a slivr on their site right now. Dose that mean any slivr will work with their service or just certain ones. Any info on cell phone stuff like that will help. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cell phones???

A Slvr doesn't have a good internet service, correct me if I'm wrong. You want something like a Blackjack, or 8525.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:16 PM
smaxx3.3

its the same phone just sent to all the carriers and they put their name all over it.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:10 PM
ProRCRacer88

ge tthe palm treo 700p.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:22 PM
coleholley

They have to be on the same band like GSM or Iden network, and things like that.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 AM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: ProRCRacer88

ge tthe palm treo 700p.

dont get that it sucks, and dont get the lg chocolate, biggest pos i ever owned
Old 09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
ProRCRacer88

whats wrong with it? have you had one?
Old 09-18-2007, 05:56 PM
pinky2252ss
Banned

first, the chocolate is a bad slider because the hinges wear out after a while and its just crap
Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 AM
MiamizFinest

nick i live in miami in the heart of where METRO PCS started about 6 year ago so i thought id help u out

THERE IS NO PHONE ON THE MARKET that works with metro PCS unless its a METRO PCS phone.........metro pcs is the only company that does not use SIM CARDS.........so unless the phone is SPECIFALLY BRANDED METRO PCS nothing else will work

i hate metro PCS for about 4 years since it started (i had there first phone back when they only offered 1 fone model for everyone LOL) and honestly i hated it yea the free minuets was a plus but the fone lost signal so many times and barely worked anywhere........

plus i see ur in FL when a hurricane comes by FL guess what fones r the first ones to crap out and not work till a week after the storm passes?????

this is why i whent cingular and never looked back
Old 09-19-2007, 01:12 AM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: pinky2252ss

first, the chocolate is a bad slider because the hinges wear out after a while and its just crap
i agree its the biggest peice of junk ever, me and my friends will through it like 25 yard back and forth to eath other, it just wont completely break.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Doahh

Verizon has no sim card either
Old 09-20-2007, 07:20 PM
jatoracing33

well, what ever you do, dont go with sprint/nextel...customer service is like.......BLAH[:'(][:@][:'(][:@]
Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM
quadzilla122

i cant help you i have an iphone
Old 09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
jatoracing33

so do i...its a razr and a psp and it cost me $250
Old 09-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Nick2618

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

nick i live in miami in the heart of where METRO PCS started about 6 year ago so i thought id help u out

THERE IS NO PHONE ON THE MARKET that works with metro PCS unless its a METRO PCS phone.........metro pcs is the only company that does not use SIM CARDS.........so unless the phone is SPECIFALLY BRANDED METRO PCS nothing else will work

i hate metro PCS for about 4 years since it started (i had there first phone back when they only offered 1 fone model for everyone LOL) and honestly i hated it yea the free minuets was a plus but the fone lost signal so many times and barely worked anywhere........

plus i see ur in FL when a hurricane comes by FL guess what fones r the first ones to crap out and not work till a week after the storm passes?????

this is why i whent cingular and never looked back
I have been using it for a bout a year now and the service has gotten better. When i first got it my phone did not get a good signal in many places but after like 2 months it improved i think they improved the network alot. Now i can get a signal almost anywhere except a couple building here adn there. Also when i first got it i would drop alot of calls. NOw i dont rember the last call i dropped. Metro has come along way from what it used to be. And there network is a decent size works from like northport to tampa and along I-4 to orlando. So i am pretty covered in this area. But thanks for the thoughts MiamizFinest. Not sure which phone i will get now. dont really want to spend 200 on a phone but my last 130 phone sucks and is now half borken after a year. [:@]
Old 09-20-2007, 10:36 PM
The Hedgehog

Hey nick I have a SLVR and it is the best phone I have ever owned. Usually after a year I cannot wait the last year to expire but not with this phone. I work out with it, listen to Itunes, it is great.

As for the comment with the SLVR having worse reception, It has better reception than my parent's LG's and all my previous models (Nokias, Motorolas). I have Cingular (I mean AT&T). If you have any questions let me know.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 PM
Nick2618

k thanks. Dose it work with reg mp3's or dose it have to be a itune file?
Old 09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
The_Lost_Otter

i lost my chocolate, in a fload. kinda happy its died finaslly...

get the env verizon has the best service
Old 09-24-2007, 08:19 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: nick2618

k thanks. Dose it work with reg mp3's or dose it have to be a itune file?
Well you need the itunes program to upload them to your phone, but regular mp3's work, that's all I have it's such an awesome feature.

Also, as for the post above me, you really can't say Verizon has the best service, very ignorant statement. It depends on where he lives and how the service is here, and I have found that cingular/att and verizon are very similar if not the same in most areas I have been, my family owns both. Now my phone has better service than my parent's LG's and they have Verizon, does that mean cingular/att is better? No it's just the phone.