Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

video test

Old 10-01-2015, 07:19 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts
Default video test

Piper Super Cub video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZBl046YJPI
Old 10-01-2015, 07:40 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I see using a laptop running Firefox. First post of each page is still blocked/compressed by the ad placement.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vid test.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	2123081  
Old 10-01-2015, 01:51 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Your top post I see the issue.

The second is from a laptop with 800px resolution. As much as we would like to be able to support all devices and resolutions, there is no way we can do that. If a screen can't display enough *screen* this will happen.

But I will investigate the issue of squeezing the screen for videos in top post, as well as the mobile squeezing issue.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:09 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

That makes sense because it was displaying correctly to me but I have a higher resolution
Old 10-01-2015, 02:24 PM
flyinwalenda

Nonsense !
It's at 1024 right now and if I increase it the display is way to big for the screen.
Everything was fine here until three weeks ago when "someone" decided to code the first post of each page to have an ad.
Not much research to do if you ask me. Just remove that ad placement in the first post of each page and everything will be fine. I believe most will agree that we can put up with the new ad column on the right side but not having an ad in a post compressing the type and attachments.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:01 PM
thepamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
This is what I see using a laptop running Firefox. First post of each page is still blocked/compressed by the ad placement.
Yep, ads "within" posts should not be allowed.
If you click on the actual ad's "x" to close it, it gives you the option of sending feedback about the ad's placement. Of course if you are blocking the ad you can't do that.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:25 PM
IBobi

What we have is a few cases where the ad is troublesome:

1. On a mobile device when not using the mobile skin (if you use the skin -- no ads in posts).
2. On all devices when a video is posted in the first post.

The number of threads that start with videos is very, very small. Nevertheless, we will see what we can do to fix that.

As to the mobile issue, I am also looking into that.

Let's not make this out to be a bigger problem than it is. The sky is not falling because there is a square ad in a post. We have some glitches, and we will address them and move along.

Thank you to all who have reported on this, and especially those who have posted screen shots. Very helpful in fixing this!

Paul
Old 10-01-2015, 03:28 PM
IBobi

Nonsense !
It's at 1024 right now and if I increase it the display is way to big for the screen.
Everything was fine here until three weeks ago when "someone" decided to code the first post of each page to have an ad.
Not much research to do if you ask me. Just remove that ad placement in the first post of each page and everything will be fine. I believe most will agree that we can put up with the new ad column on the right side but not having an ad in a post compressing the type and attachments.
Your screen looks like a big phone screen. RCU requires 1200px to display the full page.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 PM
jetmaven

Is this RCU or Trip Advisor site , now I'm confused .
Old 10-02-2015, 03:55 AM
flyinwalenda

Originally Posted by IBobi
Your screen looks like a big phone screen. RCU requires 1200px to display the full page.
A "big phone screen"....what is that supposed to mean? I've been using the same two laptops since '07 with no issues on this or any other site until three weeks ago.
It seems the moderators are ignoring the elephant in the room. Users are complaining about the ad placement in the first post of each page in every thread yet no one is addressing that issue or acknowledging the fact that simply removing the ad placement will solve the problem.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:38 PM
IBobi

A "big phone screen"....what is that supposed to mean? I've been using the same two laptops since '07 with no issues on this or any other site until three weeks ago.
It seems the moderators are ignoring the elephant in the room. Users are complaining about the ad placement in the first post of each page in every thread yet no one is addressing that issue or acknowledging the fact that simply removing the ad placement will solve the problem.
The ad is not going to be removed. What I am doing is trying to address the small number of cases where it appears to be an issue.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:05 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by jetmaven
Is this RCU or Trip Advisor site , now I'm confused .
Well, how would you rate your stay?