Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Help with foam plane model

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2023, 02:22 AM
titanif

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with foam plane model

I just bought a foam plane model and am having trouble finding glue that won’t melt the foam. The only thing I’ve found is silicone, which seems to make the parts separate unless pressure is applied. the next step is to glue the plastic motor housings to the foam. Can anyone recommend a glue good for this readily available at a hardware store? the silicone is really a pain to work with.
Old 10-26-2023, 03:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Foam Tac
I don't know about a hardware store but that's what works
Old 11-13-2023, 07:44 AM
Big Alice

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

https://www.bobvila.com/articles/bes...for-styrofoam/
Old 11-13-2023, 08:55 AM
A. J. Clark

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Clear Gorilla glue.
Clearstik.
Canopy glue.
Epoxy.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:10 PM
RCoffroadracer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

whatever it is that comes in the tubes they include with planes from Freewing is amazing. sets up in a minute and holds like a bear does a salmon. it smells like foam tac but dries 90% faster. foam tac takes about 20 hrs to set up. this stuff is set up in literally a minute. I don't know why not a single darn hobby supplier or store carries the correct glue these manufactures use. but, it looks like you can buy it from FMS. I'm definitely going to grab one to see.. https://www.fmshobby.com/products/ep...airplane-model
foam tac is pretty good but, you have to give it several hours to hold anything.

foam tac and uhu por did very poor in all the mock ups. LOL. everyone swears by it but it actually kind of sucks.(i use it too)
E6000 pretty much wiped the floor with all the glues he tried, and it's sold everywhere. no need to buy online and wait. no need to worry about it being old and ordering it before you build something. I think I'll be using this from now on. if the FMS glue doesn't seem that good.

Last edited by RCoffroadracer; 12-29-2023 at 09:17 PM.