Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

How about moving all posts deleted for being off topic to this area.

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 08:44 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about moving all posts deleted for being off topic to this area.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:44 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How about moving all posts deleted for being off topic to this area.

that is what the moderators should be doing now
Old 09-19-2005, 05:48 PM
PlaneKrazee

Default RE: How about moving all posts deleted for being off topic to this area.

Marc,

That is not happening.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:17 AM
depfife

Are you talking about threads started since the off topic forum opened, or older threads that were removed before this forum was opened?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 AM
ClemenTang

Either, and neither.

Clement
Old 09-20-2005, 02:38 PM
depfife

If you can give me thread titles and the forum it was originally posted in, I will see if I can find them and move here. A time frame of when the thread was started would also help. If all else fails and it is a topic that is near and dear to your heart starting a new thread is always an option.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:52 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I think that such moving would be a waste of time and accomplish near nothing.

Besides a thread veering off topic adequately for a moderator to call attention to it will either correct itself or you can lock it up so the perpetrators will have to start over. IMO, given the opportunity, some of these troops will purposely move a thread off topic if that will get it moved to a place of lesser attention

This could be a place to get some good ideas discussed even with the imposed severe restrictions. It would fail miserably should you turn it into a trash basket for those that wish to have certain thread opposing discussions in plain view.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:10 PM
AgCat1982

I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to be "off topic"
Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Yeah; and the place isn't exactly burning up with activity, either.

Fail miserably? Hell, it hasn't gotten off the ground far enough TO fail yet...
Old 09-21-2005, 10:45 AM
ClemenTang

ORIGINAL: depfife

If you can give me thread titles and the forum it was originally posted in, I will see if I can find them and move here. A time frame of when the thread was started would also help. If all else fails and it is a topic that is near and dear to your heart starting a new thread is always an option.

Well, there is an Al-Qaeda thread in the Clubhouse if the topic didn't catch your attention... maybe I wasn't making enough noise... unless of course if you tell me you're satisfied that it's RC related, and you might choose to move it to the 1/2A or E-plane forum, otherwise it's just another hawk's thread.

For older threads, there was one of what was termed as a "cool" video of American weapons firing away and George W. Bush in his speech. Believing it would be much welcomed, I think it would be in order to move it here so that it can be watched by many. You locked that thread last time if that helps you locate it.

Clement
Old 09-21-2005, 12:17 PM
depfife

I'll move the Al-Qaeda thread here, but since political topics are not allowed, even in the Off Topic forum, don't you think the other "cool" video you mentioned should remain closed?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:43 AM
ClemenTang

You should move it here while remaining closed so that people can only watch it but not argue with it.

Clement
Old 09-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Live Wire

Clemen
Not that far off topic
( the HAWK)
Old 09-22-2005, 08:29 PM
depfife

Since it is off topic, even for the Off Topic Forum, I think I will leave it where it is. Moving it here will only draw attention to the thread, and it has already been decided that it is not appropriate for RCU.

ORIGINAL: ClemenTang

You should move it here while remaining closed so that people can only watch it but not argue with it.

Clement
Old 09-23-2005, 02:36 AM
ClemenTang

Well I guess to be off topic fits the off topic forum... and if you didn't delete that video (was wondering about that) then it should be where it belongs.

Clement
HAWK I was talking about those that advocate aggresiveness, didn't mean your personal style.