Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, right when it comes out.
9.52%
Yes, but I have to wait a little since everyone is sold out.
0%
No
52.38%
No, and I don't play console games.
23.81%
I will once the price drops down.
14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Are you going to get the XBOX 360?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 04:13 AM
matt3D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you going to get the XBOX 360?

Hi,
Is anyone going to get the xbox 360? I will once the price drops. I rather spend more $$ on airplane stuff.
Here is a nice picture:

Thanks,

Matt
Old 11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
p113

Default RE: Are you going to get the XBOX 360?

Never buy a console your much better investing money in upgrading your pc, and if you understand the xbox360 and ps3 specs youll see that the only difference between the breadbin (ps3) and ps2 copy (xbox 360) is one gas 4 more USB ports. The graphics may look good but even though the console hasnt been realesed yet its already out of date im only going to give 2 examples as i could go on and on here. 1st. The RAM is only 512mb on the xbox and that SHARED! with the grapics card256mb for each. 2nd. The online modes only support 32players which is well pathetic, PCs ahve been supporting 64 for around 10 years now. And please dont get conffused when it says it has i think 4 cores its NOT 3.2Ghz x4. I wont go into how the CPu works on it as i dont think many of you are interested.

HOWERVER

if you dont have the knowlege to build your own PC by all means buy the consoles .

heres what you can do with 900quid by the way, when its a self build.

Quick Spec:
3.4Ghz P4 HT
1.5GB DDR2 RAM
7.1 surround sound
Water cooled
Dual 17'' montors
ATI X700
TV tuner with recording and pause functions
Remote turn on and off

and no im not showing off mearly showing what can be done, like i said if you dont have the knowlege or confidence to build one the XBOX360 is your best bet over the PS3.
The specs are trickey to understand (probably designed that way).

P113
Old 11-22-2005, 04:47 PM
matt3D

ORIGINAL: p113

Never buy a console your much better investing money in upgrading your pc, and if you understand the xbox360 and ps3 specs youll see that the only difference between the breadbin (ps3) and ps2 copy (xbox 360) is one gas 4 more USB ports. The graphics may look good but even though the console hasnt been realesed yet its already out of date im only going to give 2 examples as i could go on and on here. 1st. The RAM is only 512mb on the xbox and that SHARED! with the grapics card256mb for each. 2nd. The online modes only support 32players which is well pathetic, PCs ahve been supporting 64 for around 10 years now. And please dont get conffused when it says it has i think 4 cores its NOT 3.2Ghz x4. I wont go into how the CPu works on it as i dont think many of you are interested.

HOWERVER

if you dont have the knowlege to build your own PC by all means buy the consoles .

heres what you can do with 900quid by the way, when its a self build.

Quick Spec:
3.4Ghz P4 HT
1.5GB DDR2 RAM
7.1 surround sound
Water cooled
Dual 17'' montors
ATI X700
TV tuner with recording and pause functions
Remote turn on and off

and no im not showing off mearly showing what can be done, like i said if you dont have the knowlege or confidence to build one the XBOX360 is your best bet over the PS3.
The specs are trickey to understand (probably designed that way).

P113
Nice pc, and by the way I do know how to build PC's it's very easy. Anyways, the xbox 360 has three separate core processors that clock in at 3.2GHz each. The xbox 360 has 3 usb 2.0 ports not 4. Next, your ati x700 has 400Mhz, (unless you got the ones that come oc'd to 425,) but the graphics processor for the 360 has 500Mhz, also the x700 6 or 8 pipelines, (depending on the 128mb or 256mb version,) compared to the 360, it has 48 parallel floating-point shader pipelines. Another awsome thing about the xbox 360 is that it has the ability to stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras, and Windows XP-based Pcs; in addition it supports DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD. And about the 32 people online, that is awsome for a console, the orginal xbox online let a max of 16 players online in a single round of almost any game. 32 people! Thats great, to me 16 people was enough for the xbox, but now 32....! I understand that computer games can go up to 64 players online but your incorrect, they actually can go up to 128 players in some games like Joint Operations. Lastly, even if the xbox has only 512mb of shared GDDR3 ram, it has the processor and gpu to bring it up. Overall, the xbox 360 is one hell of a console and it can play amazing games, with better graphics and AI. Espically, since it has a six thread per clock cycle system cpu, which allows it to run applications independently on different cores or a single multithreaded application to peform multiple tasks all at once. Oh yeah, "The specs are trickey to understand (probably designed that way)." the specs are not all that hard to understand, it just takes time and background information to understand them. Here is more info on the xbox 360: http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/11...-Dissected/p1/ It will help you and everyone else understand more on how it works and the components it has in it.

What water cooling system are you using? I like how it glows under UV light.

Matt
Old 11-23-2005, 07:20 PM
p113

thanks m8, the water cooling is thermaltake bigwater witha copuple of mods ect.

as for the graphics card mine is the 256mb version, and granted it has less pipelines BUT the xbox 360 acually has a different type of graphics card which is what i mean when certain things are different specs wise. This is also the reason that sony are reluctent to realse detailed GPU infomation becuse many users dont know its a different type of card, makeing there console look poor. One last point the X700 256mb car cost 150 quid and for £280 (xbox360 price) i could have myself a very nice card
If you play recent PC games youll know that RAM is everything, it plays such a huge part in game play. IMHO 256mb is just too low to be able to keep up wth demads in the very near future.

heres an example: (and ask any pc modder and theyll agree)

when i first made my PC i only had 512mb of RAM (becuse i spent extra mney on the CPU) anyway after a month or two of playing BF2 on low settings with everything the same other than the RAM, as soon as i put the extra Gb in i could play on the very highest and its the smae with all the games i play.

i really like the Pc becuse i can play on a game on one screen while talking to my mates on the other listening to music, motoring temps ect and evrn watch TV do that on your console

And one last point look where the consoles are now there terrible compared to the PC, and it wont be long before the PC is a ver clear winner and then theres the fact that the PC can be upgraded and agmes are cheaper.

Old 11-24-2005, 12:50 AM
matt3D

Maybe so, but new technology will always come out, the consoles are never going to go away, for the people that just want to be able to play a game without having to do anything, (like installing it.) But, I do agree that ram is demanded, now-a-days if you don't have at least 512mb, you are in need of more... but it depends on what you do too. I upgraded 1.5gb on my laptop and everything goes faster! I used to have to wait around 7 mins for a map to load up in BF then with the upgrade it took around anywhere from 20 to 40 seconds to load up a map. Once, I get my new gpu, I'll be able to play bf2 on medium settings! yeah!!
Have a great Thanksgiving.

Matt
Old 11-24-2005, 11:23 AM
p113

yes consoles wil always be around for the reasins u stated and theres nothing wrong with that

enjoy bf2 m8 its great and if u have xfire PM me
Old 11-25-2005, 02:31 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just recently built my first PC.

3.0ghz P4 w/HT 800mhz
Gigabyte motherboard w/HT 800mhz FSB
4GB DDR400 (PC3200) Corsair running in Dual channel
Thermaltake heatsink and fan with 6 heatpipes and solid copper core
AGP 8X Radeon w/256md Ram and 256bit interface

Not the biggest and baddest system--but plenty good for half-life and counterstrike.

IMO--console systems are never going to be able to compete with a good PC. You get so much more bang for the buck with a PC.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:13 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have little enough time now for flying. Why would I want to increase my risk of becoming a couch potato?