Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis
Reload this Page >

Why Do All The good Things Keep Changing?

Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Why Do All The good Things Keep Changing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 08:36 AM
BIGUGLYSTICK
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Do All The good Things Keep Changing?

It really bugs me how things you grew up loving changes 25 years down the road because the manufacturer wants to save $3.50. I'm not speaking in terms of rc related items, however it may happen soon enough. I'm sure most of you guys liked the old Snyders Barbeque potato chips. several years ago, they changed something in them, and now they are sick! LOL! Now, 7-up has done the same. As if it wasn't bad enough before! They took a product that made them a reputation and made it something completly different. I cant see why manufacturers always do this. are they really losing so much on their profit that they change ingredients to save them a buck. I was just using food as an example for my little rant. as most companies try to do this in their own litle way as time goes on. Am I the only one who has noticed this?
Old 12-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Do All The good Things Keep Changing?

ORIGINAL: BIGUGLYSTICK

It really bugs me how things you grew up loving changes 25 years down the road because the manufacturer wants to save $3.50. I'm not speaking in terms of rc related items, however it may happen soon enough. I'm sure most of you guys liked the old Snyders Barbeque potato chips. several years ago, they changed something in them, and now they are sick! LOL! Now, 7-up has done the same. As if it wasn't bad enough before! They took a product that made them a reputation and made it something completly different. I cant see why manufacturers always do this. are they really losing so much on their profit that they change ingredients to save them a buck. I was just using food as an example for my little rant. as most companies try to do this in their own litle way as time goes on. Am I the only one who has noticed this?
The answer is very simple. The marketing wonks are in control and have to make a name for themselves, risking the company reputation is not an issue as they usually move on to screw up another one. Then they become CEOs. where they can screw up multiple operations.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

The answer is very simple. The marketing wonks are in control and have to make a name for themselves, risking the company reputation is not an issue as they usually move on to screw up another one. Then they become CEOs. where they can screw up multiple operations.

Yep, and then those CEOs steal everything from the working class employees and spread it among themselves. Bethune, the recently (2004/5 ?) CEO of Continental Airlines, has just been hired to review a proposal for the possible merger of United and Delta airlines. He will work for 10 days and receive $250,000.oo for that monumental effort with the SAME RATE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DAYS!

US Air, United, and Delta have used the bankruptcy laws to rid themselves of all employee benefits including defined benefit pension plans. That definitely changes a long time employee's future when after 30-45 years looking forward to a contracted benefit, he finds nothing but a bottomless pit.

Northwest, Ford, and GM are following -- or soon will be -- US Air, United, and Delta's lead. More changes to the middle class workers are coming than the average U.S. citizen can even began to envision. [sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 12-25-2006, 10:13 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hossfly
Yep, and then those CEOs steal everything from the working class employees and spread it among themselves. Bethune, the recently (2004/5 ?) CEO of Continental Airlines, has just been hired to review a proposal for the possible merger of United and Delta airlines. He will work for 10 days and receive $250,000.oo for that monumental effort with the SAME RATE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DAYS!

US Air, United, and Delta have used the bankruptcy laws to rid themselves of all employee benefits including defined benefit pension plans. That definitely changes a long time employee's future when after 30-45 years looking forward to a contracted benefit, he finds nothing but a bottomless pit.

Northwest, Ford, and GM are following -- or soon will be -- US Air, United, and Delta's lead. More changes to the middle class workers are coming than the average U.S. citizen can even began to envision. [sm=what_smile.gif]
You can thank your republican politicians for allowing this kind of crap to go on.

How many times did we bail out United after the 9-11 tragedy? Wasn't it like 3 times? I can assure you that if I owned a LHS and asked the gubmint for a bailout after 9-11 they would have come and seized my store. But, since it's United airlines and their CEO is in bed with the lobbyists and the politicians--they get a multi-billion dollar bailout. Not once. Not twice. Third time's a charm!! [:'(]

And you can thank Ronald Reagan for firing an entire ATC union when he took office. He was the miserable sonuva &*%# that started this attack on the middle class and changed the way people view working class people. There's no repsect for working class people in this country anymore. I hope he's rotting in hell.[:@]

And you can thank GWB for CAFTA--effectively opening our southern border to even more cheap labor. 1000 times worse than the NAFTA treaty that Slick Willy signed. They'll be after your job next.

I say we march up to capital hill and line them all up in front of a firing squad. Senators, congresmen, lobbyists--ALL of 'em!! I get to take the first shot.