Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

So what should I trust?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: So what should I trust?

ORIGINAL: khodges

ORIGINAL: Red Scholefield

Sometimes the guys handle is a clue. Beware of experts with names like smoking hole, lucky, crash, balsa basher . . . . . .
Red, what does that say about my flying skills if my e-mail address is "deadstick"? (It IS, you know)
If you can handle deadsticks it says you are a pretty good pilot. [8D]
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM
cwrr5
My Feedback: (32)

LOL! You guys are too funny!

As far as who to trust (Not me! I'm not on the list! Phew! ) - use RCU as just one of many sources of information. You can also get a good idea on most things from the club field, hobby shops, magazines, books, and other forums as well. At your club, seek out one of the quiet guys that obviously knows what he's doing, but doesn't give advice to everybody whether they want it or not. Avoid the loud "experts".
Old 09-18-2007, 06:07 AM
bruce88123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cwrr5

LOL! You guys are too funny!

As far as who to trust (Not me! I'm not on the list! Phew! ) - use RCU as just one of many sources of information. You can also get a good idea on most things from the club field, hobby shops, magazines, books, and other forums as well. At your club, seek out one of the quiet guys that obviously knows what he's doing, but doesn't give advice to everybody whether they want it or not. Avoid the loud "experts".
I'm sorry cwrr5, but we can't trust your advice above. You're not on the list as YOU pointed out.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:32 AM
saucerguy
Banned

Don't feel so bad, I'm not on the list as well.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:36 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like I said, there are MANY MANY MANY people here who give great advise. I only named a few of the "Regulars" who have been around on a consistant basis for several years, and who often post in the forums I frequent.

There may be some excellent people in the Pattern, combat, 3-D or other forums i don't go in, but I wouldn't know if they don't come into MY forums
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 AM
saucerguy
Banned

If you go into wattflyer.com there is a guy called flyingmonkey, never trust him because he will fling poo on you from above. If you don't beleive me, check out that site...... Luckily RCU owns it so when mayham gets out of control, there is a helping hand to bail them out, hehe, lol.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:22 AM
MinnFlyer

We have a lot of that stuff being flung here too
Old 09-18-2007, 08:19 AM
saucerguy
Banned

The monkey has it down to an artform, this is something we all strive to achieve abilities to do throughout our daily lives, hehe.

Bottom line, trust nobody, and if you do, keep a roll of paper towels on hand to wipe off the poo.

Flyingmonkey, "Fred" is a really good guy, if he rears his fuzzy head here, expect general mayham combined with plenty of laughs in the process, consider this a fair warning and the only one you guys at RCU get........

Don't blame me for bringing him here, and forget the trail of banana's I leave after making this post, some other saucerguy left them.......
Old 09-18-2007, 06:04 PM
photohikedive

Unfortunately for Saucerguy, he does't realize that the monkey is already here....

It's just that I signed on to RCU back before I had taken on the FlyingMonkey moniker.

I know nothing of this poo flinging in which he describes, I strive to be upstanding and responisble in all that I do.

Flinging poo would not meet those standards...

Simple answer to the opening question,

no one.

I'll tell you what I do, I read several people's posts. I try to see if there is a general concensus and then I ignore them all, and do what I was going to do anyways.

What can I say, I am stubborn.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 PM
KingCobra2

Unfortunately, the FlyingMonkey has been allowed to remain and continue to ruin that forum(WattFlyer) and pepper the place with unacceptible verbage. That is why I am glad I am not there anymore. He is definately an attention seeker. I see he left here in 2004. Wonder why. Maybe everyone got tired of it. I actually found him boring. He is also a snitch, so be careful. He will entrap you in his game, then report you.Ummmmm, hi PhotoHikeDive LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thought I didn't see ya, didn't ya? LOL!

ORIGINAL: saucerguy

If you go into wattflyer.com there is a guy called flyingmonkey, never trust him because he will fling poo on you from above. If you don't beleive me, check out that site...... Luckily RCU owns it so when mayham gets out of control, there is a helping hand to bail them out, hehe, lol.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 AM
saucerguy
Banned

I'm friends with you Scott and Fred "flyingmonkey" and I really hate friends being at odds with each other. I can very much say, he has never said a negative word about you, via. PM or email, but at the same time, I know what went down, be it mainly with his girlfriends input, so can understand why you are angry.

I'd like to some day see both of you shake hands!

Is that possible? What will it take to make that happen? I really want you guys to be friends "again"!

Brian
Old 09-19-2007, 07:11 AM
MinnFlyer

Ok guys. I deleted the last few posts because they were not on topic.

Let's not talk about other people on other forums. ok?