Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Planes/Helis Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for airplanes and heli crowd. Car or truck fans have their own in car section.

Leptospirosis

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 PM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leptospirosis

a friend of mine emailed me this, ill pass it on to my fellow modelers

This incident happened recently in North Texas . A woman went boating one Sunday taking with her some cans of coke which she put into the refrigerator of the boat. On Monday she was taken to the hospital and placed in ICU. She died on Wednesday.

The autopsy concluded she died of Leptospirosis. This was traced to the can of coke she drank from without using a glass. Tests showed that the can was infected by dried rat urine and hence the disease Leptospirosis.

Rat urine contains toxic and deathly substances. It is highly recommended to thoroughly wash the upper part of soda cans before drinking out of them. The cans are typically stocked in warehouses and transported straight to the shops without being cleaned.

A study at NYCU showed that the tops of soda cans are more contaminated than public toilets (i.e).. full of germs and bacteria. So wash them with water before putting them to the mouth to avoid any kind of fatal accident.

Please forward this message to all the people you care about.
(I JUST DID)
Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
rc2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Leptospirosis

Lovley. Was it actually Coke brand?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:04 PM
carrellh

This is an urban legend that has been going around since 1998.
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/raturine.asp
Old 05-07-2008, 10:20 PM
vicman
My Feedback: (10)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As long as they don't shove the 8" Qtip up you know where. I think I can survive.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:31 PM
perdo
My Feedback: (61)

The first time I heard this story was in 1978, as a mortuary science student in Dallas, TX our professor of micro-biology told us about the story. He said " at that time the story was over 20 years old" and leptospriosis is a very true disease, usally called rat pee fever. it the spriocetes that grow in the urine and can remain viable for many months in a dry condition, and then becomes active on the addition of moisture and the proper temperature..

If you have questions just gogle it and there it is..

Don//