Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

SIGNATURE REQUIRED? I HAVE TO WORK!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:48 PM
Kamikazi
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SIGNATURE REQUIRED? I HAVE TO WORK!

I ordered Aerofly Pro - based mostly upon the fact that is was less expensive than a competitors new product which I was also very impressed with.
UPS tracking indicated that it was going to be delivered today, after being reshceduled a day later due to UPS not receiving the package the day they expected.
Anyway - I got home today, very excited and ready to install it this evening, and I find a stupid UPS info-notice on the door. I signed a waiver years ago for UPS to leave packages inside my door because there is never anyone home during the day (we have to work for a living!) The info notice says that I absolutely MUST be home for the package to be delivered. I must sign for it personally and the driver must hand me the package! What's the deal with this?

There is no way i can take off work tomorrow to be here when the package arrives (I shouldn't have to give up a days pay to accept a stupid package anyway[:@]) Next week I have to leave town on business, so I won't be around for the third and final UPS delivery attempt. There is no way my wife is going to take off work from her job to accept a package for me either. That means the package will go back... (and you have my money)
I could call UPS and ask if they will hold the package until I get back the following week, but I'm still faced with having to take time off from work to sign for it. Losing a days pay will end up costing me much more than I saved from buying AeroFly Pro rather than the competitors product.

Can you guys tell UPS to cancel the signature requirement and just leave it inside my door as they always do?

-Greg
Old 07-08-2004, 07:04 PM
BouyanT_PooP

Default RE: SIGNATURE REQUIRED? I HAVE TO WORK!

i also was not home when it was delivered, but i left a note on my front door with they biller's signature saying to leave it. all they did was take the note because it had the signature they needed. hope this helps you out!!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:37 PM
JRC
My Feedback: (1)

Sounds like you need to get your packages delivered to your place of work..............................

Better yet - have them delivered to MY place of work - I'll sign for them [sm=greedy.gif]
Old 07-09-2004, 06:47 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

All you have to do is call 1800-PICK-UPS and they will make arrangements with you. Don't worry, we are not going to keep your money, you'll get your sim.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Kamikazi
My Feedback: (4)

I called them and they said I can't sign a slip and tell them to leave it. They MUST hand the package to the person who signs for it because the shipper requested proof of delivery[:@]
The place I work has a policy of not allowing personal packages to be delivered to our shipping-receiving dept. They don't want company personel wasting time with non-business related packages.
Only other option is to have it delivered to a neighbors house and have them sign for it. But, that can't happen until Monday (and I'm out of town next week) - I would like to have the sim this weekend.
Current plan it to drive 25 miles home and hope UPS shows up on-time for the second delivery attempt, and then drive 25 miles back to work [>:]
Old 07-09-2004, 10:00 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Well tomorrow is Saturday and UPS delivers on Saturday, I'm assuming you will be home tomorrow to use your sim?