Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

OMP's awsome service

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:28 PM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OMP's awsome service

OMP,
I have to commend you on your service, I sent a PayPal payment for my 79” Yak at 5:56 PM today and I had a UPS tracking number just pop on my computer at 8:19 PM, lets see that is 2hrs 23 mins. That is awesome service. Thanks Lee
Old 08-23-2004, 04:18 PM
RC Havoc
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OMP's awsome service

Hey Lee,
I just had the same service from these guys. They do a great job designing and their customer service is out standing...
Old 08-23-2004, 08:04 PM
LeeU

RC Havoc,
OMP is going to be my one stop RC store, they have the sim that I use, the airplanes I flyand I'm going to try a YS motor next. If I could get them to sell JR radio stuff I really would only need one RC stop. They did not pay me to say that, BUT if they want they have my PayPal account. LeeU
Old 08-23-2004, 08:59 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Remember guys that all of us at Team OMP think the way you guys do too. More power, more throw, lighter planes and tighter moves.

Keep letting us know what to sell!
Old 08-24-2004, 01:22 PM
RC Havoc

Ive never tried Aerofly, but I recently started using Reflex XTR. Its 1000 times better then G2. My room mate is a Game artist, so he's adding in his hawksport. The modeling program sucks, but its cool that you can take a few pictures of your model and stick it in the sim...
Old 08-24-2004, 02:16 PM
STLPilot

XTR is a good program for sure. But you should check out AFP sometime. When XTR beats AFP in physics, we'll carry it.

Old 08-24-2004, 03:04 PM
RC Havoc

Dion,
Ive been hearing that the physics is AFP are incredable. XTR is good too, but I would still like to try AFP to compare...
Old 08-24-2004, 03:24 PM
STLPilot

I really wish that they would come out with a trialware version of AFP too, we would sell a heck of a lot more. Afterall we are only Ikarus' largest distributor of AFP in the world ... they won't listen to us. I think if 1 of the major sim guys did it, the rest would follow.
Old 08-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Felix21685
My Feedback: (1)

dion your pm box is full...lol
so i couldnt send you a pm

-Felix
Old 08-24-2004, 06:31 PM
LeeU

I have AFP and G2 with all 5 add-on's, what do I think of them, I just sold my G2 and its 5 add on's on the RC Universe Market Place. AFP is hands down the best, G2 will help you fly and if you spend a lot of time tweaking you can get airplanes to fly ok, the one thing with G2 that convenced me to switch was "try to flat spin in G2", with AFP start the sim and it is RealFlight but just not by Great Planes. So you really don't need a trial version, just take the word of some one that has used both and I say AFP with out question. LeeU
Old 08-25-2004, 02:25 AM
Spacey

AFP sure is fun. I was stuck on it for hours again last night and I must admit that without it I'd be pretty lost. Well let's just say without AFP and my shocky i'd be a total loser.

Now I just wish we could motivate OMP or find a way to find time for them so they can make us more planes and stuff for AFP. I hate downloading the stuff from all the sites and going through all the effort when all the planes fly badly. At least I can always go back to the GS Edge and the Hybrid. Oh Dion! What about making us "OMP Land" You know a scenerie with all kinds of fun things to do. Places to hang your planes up at and stuff like that. LOL
Old 08-25-2004, 06:19 PM
Mudsurfer1234

i ordered a shockflyer in the middle of july, the extra 330S, and still ain't got it lol, even though they were in stock for 2 days now, haven't gotten the email about the order being processed. I was supposed to do 2 demo flights at 2 fun fly's this weekend, but now since it didn't come, i won't be able to and about 100 club members will be dissapointed. i'll tell them that it is OMP's fault, not mine
Old 08-25-2004, 07:36 PM
STLPilot

The Extras came in yesterday, most of the backorders were filled today and shipped today. You also knew when you ordered we did not know when we were getting them. The entire USA has been without ShockFlyers for the last 2 months. Also for the last 2 weeks Ikarus has been having problems with their power as they are in Fort Myers, FL and that delayed the orders even longer.

I need your email address and I can track your order. You may have ordered before we switched over to the automated tracking system.

ALSO we have 2 phone numbers on the top of every one of our webpages, feel free to use them in lieu of trying to hunt us down on the forums.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Lorance66
My Feedback: (8)

Some of you may already know that FlyingCirkus.com recently hosted a video contest. I entered the "foamy" category and managed to take 2nd place. I was pretty pleased with that. There was a prize associated with 2nd place which was a copy of Aerofly Professional by Ikarus. This was pledged as a prize by Ohio Model Planes. Max Duncan promptly sent emails to the vendors that donated prizes with the names and addresses of the winners and copied the winner. I got the email and waited. And waited and waited and waited.......for about three weeks and finally emailed Dion at OMP asking about it. He said nobody told him the contest was over and I was the winner of this prize. I took it pretty easy at first and just emailed Max at flyingcirkus about it. Max was really cool. He sent a reminder again to Dion and verified I was the winner. So I waited some more.....nothing. I wrote Dion once more, he says still nobody has talked to him. So I email Max.........this goes on and on for a couple of cycles and Dion will not return Max's calls or emails. Finally last week, I get disgusted enough to just tell Dion to keep the prize, I was tired of being frustrated about it. I copied Max on this email, well somehow......by Friday we all get together and Dion quits dodging us. He agrees to ship the prize and promises to do it the next day which was Saturday. I figure I would have it by Wednesday. Wednesday comes and I have nothing so I email Dion once again. He tells me he still hasn't shipped it but assures me he will the next day. I told him to keep the prize, I didn't need it. I believe he is skirting this in every way he knows how just because he does not want to donate the prize. He lied to me, he lied to Max, and he NEVER once took the initiative to find the answers for himself. He always insisted on Max contacting him THEN ignored Max's efforts. This guy does not deserve your business. Please keep this in mind before spending money at OMP.........if this is the way he treats GOOD people giving him GOOD advertising just think of what he might do to you. Since I made this complaint, others have come to me saying they have had similar problems with this guy. Don't buy from OMP and let's let this guy wither away. The RC hobby community is too small to leave any room for bozos like this.

thanks for reading

Brad Lorance