Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

What motor used in Video with the GS Yak

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 10:06 AM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What motor used in Video with the GS Yak

If you have prop and RPM numbers that would be great. Just dont want to buy build and end up with not enough motor.

I have a st 3000K that is dead set reliable. Swings apc 20x8 at 7700 and a 19x8 wide at 7400. Just need to know if it will be fully 3Dable.

thanks
Old 08-25-2004, 11:38 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: What motor used in Video with the GS Yak

That's an OS 1.60 with Jerry Smith Pipe with 18x6 Pro Zinger.

Don't have the numbers on hand.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:54 AM
coveredup
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the reply. My motor gives my 14lb 4* 120 unlimited vertical, but not "punch out" power, more like crawl out. hehe.
Old 08-26-2004, 05:37 PM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

That engine should do fine. You will be at 11 or 12 pounds. That will really help the pull out. I might even try a 18 x 6 if you need to spool a little quicker, but the 19 x 8 may be better. Being a 2 stroke possibly a 19 x 4 or 6. Get the plane you will really like it. If that engine combo does not do it for you, there are plenty of engines out there. I would rather buy a plane that meets my needs (this one will) and match the engine to it. I know it all comes down to cost, and you want to use the engine on hand (and I think you can), but remember the cost is always forgotten when a plane performs and meets all your expectations. Believe me this plane will meet your expectations.