Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Profile and Fun Flying Planes > OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Ignition Placement/Battery size for gas engines?

Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Ignition Placement/Battery size for gas engines?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 08:20 AM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ignition Placement/Battery size for gas engines?

I'm building a 79" Yak with a MVVS 2.15 gaser, this is my first gas motor so I'm kind of green about where to place the ignition and what size battery to use. Should I make a hatch to mount the ignition in or mount on the outside? I know you have to keep the receiver and ignition isolated, How? What size/volts battery do I use? Thanks LeeU
Old 08-29-2004, 05:06 PM
Absolut Yak
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ignition Placement/Battery size for gas engines?

LeeU,

I have a GS540P with the MVVS 2.15. See the gallery photo at Joe Nall 2004 with the flag in the background. I'd be glad to talk to you on the phone, or I can post the info here. If anyone else chimes in, I might be able to post some photos here if wanted.

I had the Bisson profile muffler on the plane, similar to Walker's Purple and Yellow plane, but found out it REALLY restricted the motor when it fell off today and flew MUCH, MUCH better without the muffler. Really loud, but really hauled butt out of hover. I think I'll get a tuned pipe, but need someone's recommendations (are you listening Dion?!)

E-mail me with your phone # and we can set up a time (Eastern)

Doug
Orlando
[email protected]
Old 08-31-2004, 08:39 PM
LeeU
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

djccrn,
You have a PM. Thanks lee
Old 09-01-2004, 08:05 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to keep it pretty then make some hatches. See the MOAP on the 80" Edge Kit page on our website.

Personally I love the fact you can keep an eye on anything on my big Edge and Yak. That's why it's lasted so long.

Check out this thread.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/MVVS...1616138/tm.htm