Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

My AFP is a no-show -- what now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2004, 09:21 PM
XJet
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My AFP is a no-show -- what now?

I'm posting this here because I've not received any answers to the emails I've sent directly to OMP.

Back on August 22 I ordered a copy of AFP and paid using PayPal -- including $24.95 for what I assumed would be at least Global Priority Mail delivery (normally 7 working days delivery to New Zealand).

It's now September 11 (nearly 3 weeks later) and nothing has arrived.

Neither did I receive any kind of acknowledgement (apart from the PayPal receipt) that my order had been received and no response to my request for comfirmation that the product had indeed been shipped.

I regularly buy stuff from the likes of Servo City and Radical RC who send stuff using USPS and this never takes any longer than a week or so. What's more, these companies only charge me $10-$12 for postage -- and that even includes the heavy stuff like the TT42GP and TT46Pro engines I bought recently.

So right now I'm in a state of limbo and wondering the following:

1. Did OMP receive the order I placed through the website (my PayPal account was certainly debited)

2. Did the order get actioned -- ie: has my AFP been sent yet?

3. How was it sent? (for $25 I'd expect a service that offers track & trace considering that we're only talking about a CD, a booklet and a small cable here).

4. I've heard from someone in Australia who said their copy of AFP only took a week to arrive and NZ is only 1,500 miles from Aussie I would expect (and in the past have had) similar delivery times.

5. According to our postal service, without a track and trace number for the consignment, they can do nothing to determine wehre it has got to -- that's something the sender has to do.

6. I know it's not held up in NZ customs because items worth less than NZ$400 (US$260) require no license and attract no taxes or duty so are not intercepted.

Is it fair to assume that, given it's now taken three times longer than the USPS says is normal for delivery to NZ and three times longer than others say it took for theirs to arrive, that my copy of AFP has been eaten by the postal system?

I know that if the package has been sent and simply got swallowed by the postal system then it's not OMP's fault -- but I'd really like a response to my emails and some confirmation that it was actually sent -- along with some advice as to what happens now that it's not shown up.

Is this where the customer service division of OMP kicks in? :-)
Old 09-11-2004, 06:07 AM
3DMike

Default RE: My AFP is a no-show -- what now?

Hi there, mine took 6 days to Dunedin, NZ. I thought it was a pretty good deal and an awesome sim. Hope you sort it out!!
Old 09-11-2004, 07:35 AM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: 3DMike

Hi there, mine took 6 days to Dunedin, NZ. I thought it was a pretty good deal and an awesome sim. Hope you sort it out!!
So it looks as if mine is definitely MIA -- bummer!
Old 09-12-2004, 05:35 PM
XJet
Banned

This morning (Monday 13th NZ-time) I received an order placed with Servo City last week (Wednesday 8th NZ-Time) -- that's just *FIVE* days (3 working days) from Kansas in the USA to my doorstep in New Zealand using USPS-- and it cost just $9.

So now I'm 100% absolutely sure that my AFP aint never gonna show :-(

Am I left carrying the loss?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51606.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	172649  
Old 09-13-2004, 06:46 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

We'll look into it but this certainly stinks!
Old 09-15-2004, 07:58 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

John told me that he followed up with you and has shipped your sim. Hopefully it will arrive quickly!