Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

AeroFly Pro with G2 Interlink Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 02:14 PM
cham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AeroFly Pro with G2 Interlink Controller

Hello!

I read the review of AeroFly Pro in RCU and very impressed. I am thinking of trying out the AeroFly Pro as many say it is more accurate when it comes to the RealPhysics.

I would like to know if I can use the RealFlight G2 USB InterLink Controller with AeroFly Pro. I dont own any other additional R/C Transmitters and prefers to use a controller which I do not have to charge often (or change batteries).

Thanks in advance.

CHAM
Old 09-23-2004, 05:00 AM
Spacey

Default RE: AeroFly Pro with G2 Interlink Controller

uhmm...delete
Old 09-23-2004, 06:15 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Yes it can! 100% sure and confirmed by many.
Old 09-23-2004, 09:56 AM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Cham,This set up works great on mine.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:03 PM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

STL,

How do you get it to work? AFP uses a serial connection and Realflight uses a USB connection. I think AFP also uses a chip in the serial cable that the program looks for in order to execute. You would have to plug in the chipped interface to the serial port, then plug in the Real flight USB cable. If you do this, would the AFP program communicate with the universal serial bus?
Old 09-27-2004, 01:28 AM
Spacey

remcl1 You have it all figured. The AFP interface will still have to be plugged in yes because it does contain a dongle which the software needs to execute. The realflight USB interface and the older interface which still plugged into the game port will work as windows does pick up these devices as normal Joysticks. You can always find these under settings/control panel/game controllers. AFP does recognize the devices listed under game controllers and these devices can be used in the software as interfaces. That said AFP can obviously then also be controlled with a normal joystick if one prefers but we all know it makes flying a model rather interesting. I think the main reason this feature was also added into the software was so that 2-player mode would be easier. Thanks to the guys at Ipacs we do not need to buy another software package to enjoy these features as mostly all of us have an old joystick lying around.