Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

OMP 47" Edge 540 wing tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 11:06 PM
smobax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OMP 47" Edge 540 wing tips

I'm finishing up the wing for my profile kit and need to glue the wing tips on however I'm not finding any wing tips in the kit. Are they laser cut in a sheet of the 1/16" balsa? All I had were the laser cut wing ribs - - R1 thru R6 plus the SR3 ribs. It would be pretty easy to just trace the R6 rib minus the LE notch on one of the 1/16" sheets and make my own. What do you suggest?
Thanks.
Old 10-28-2004, 05:57 AM
coyote
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: OMP 47" Edge 540 wing tips

Didn't get any either so rather than leave what I considered a weak area alone, I used 3/4 oz fiberglass to reinforce the wing tips and where the l/e sheeting attaches to R-6. Awesome plane, your'e gonna love it.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Spacey

Well according to my knowledge if its the same as the small Yak you have to use the extra wood you cut out of the fuselage sheeting for the wing mount to make up the tips. Just stick them on and sand and trim to the shape of the outer rib. Or you could just get some 1/16 " sheeting and laminate it on the ends to double the last rib up. That's all that is happening really.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:26 AM
PencilShavings

what spacey said, glue it on then just sand the edges to shape