Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

AFP nothin but trouble

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 11:21 PM
adam1987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFP nothin but trouble

Ive had nothing but trouble first mr jr 6102 wouldnt work finally got that fixed not when i turn in on it cant find the interlink
Old 11-14-2004, 07:30 AM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: AFP nothin but trouble

if it can't find the interface 99% of the time it's a serial port issue. since we have been selling AFP we have not seen 1 single defective cable come back to us. we've had them come back because people were so convinced that it was the cable, but when they got here they were fine.

also have you installed the patch?

do you have something you can test the serial port with? another piece of hardware?
Old 11-14-2004, 09:20 AM
adam1987

well it worked for a few time and now i started to play it the other night and thats when it started sayin it
Old 11-14-2004, 05:36 PM
adam1987

any suggestions
Old 11-14-2004, 06:21 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

do you have something you can test the serial port with? another piece of hardware?
Old 11-20-2004, 07:40 PM
adam1987

serial port works
Old 11-22-2004, 08:15 AM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

There are rare occasions when one of the solder joints on the tx side of the cable comes loose. This usually happens when 15 year boys jerk the cable around when flying! Yeah, I'm speaking from experience. This can cause intermediate connections and problems however this failure will not cause the computer not to read the interface cable at the serial port. Only the tx not to work. If your serial port is not reading the cable and you are getting the "interface not found" error, then it can only be either the port setting on the serial port (program not communicating with that port), or a bad cable. Try installing and running the AFP and cable on another computer, maybe a friends, to eliminate the cable.