Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

47" yak arf

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 05:36 PM
fly4fun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47" yak arf

Do you have an estimated date that these will be available yet? And do you have ideas on the covering scheme, I love the scheme on the 79" yak arf but I hate the one on the 65". Any info on this plane would be appreciated. I am very excited about this arf, if the 4 pound weight estimate is correct that would be absolutely awesome. Can't wait.
Old 12-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Razorback58
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: 47" yak arf

There is a picture of the Yak here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_23...tm.htm#2371915
Old 12-25-2004, 07:48 AM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

Fly4fun,

If you do not like the 65" color scheme, then you most likley will not like the 47" yak scheme. They are very much alike.

Mike,

A slight note of criticism. Mike you know I think a lot of OMP. I have several of your models and have been a customer from day one. I will continue to be a customer. However, Dion has a reputation of promising short and delivering long. I guess that is the marketer in him. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/47%2...2343346/tm.htm In this thread he states to me that the time frame for shipment is early December. He states that he is working on associated paper work. Now it is almost January and the "details coming soon" is not even available yet. I understand that it is next to impossible to predict a date, but Dion is constantly wrong in the direction of being late. Is this his marketing strategy or is he just wrong all the time?

Bob
Old 12-26-2004, 06:18 PM
AFSalmon

Bob,

Hey, criticize all you want, that's how we learn and improve. Actually the initial date set by ACCEL hobbies who is manufacturing these for us was the first week in Dec. Often there are delays with ARF manufacturing and especially the shipping companies from overseas. We obviously get as anxious as everyone and it's part of the business. Chris H. over at Extreme Flight can sure tell you similar stories! Anyway maybe we should not even advertise until we know the planes are on the boat steaming across! LOL

Bottomline tough the 47" ARFs are now supposed to be here mid Jan according to our latest news.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:37 AM
Dave763
My Feedback: (1)

I can relate to that! I bought a YS engine...waited forever. I had to wait a long time for my GS 540 ARF.
And right now I'm waiting for 2 3D Buddies that were supposed to ship Dec. 16th!

I wonder how many people did not get thier christmas gift? I can think of two. Oh well, better late than never, right?

Dave, Pro Bro 723
Old 12-27-2004, 01:04 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Guys we get dates from distributors and manufacturers and we pass them on, period. I don't pull numbers out of the air.

I've been in this hobby for only a couple years now but I've seen missed dates by ALL manufacturers, not just OMP. I've seen them push on for a lot longer then a month too.

These products you are talking about comes from overseas countries. They are also being shipping during times with national security issues, port strikes and customs holding issues. Such was the case with the YS engines Dave and you knew that, you could not get a YS Engine from anyone because of the LA Port issues. But OMP was to blame for it? The 3D Buddy's were 10 days late in customs holding and have shipped out to you. Mike already explained the Edge and Yak.

So please don't try to tell me that I'm only doing this to make the sale, I'm not. The RC is struggling with shipping issues just like every other industry in the world is dealing with them. But I have to put some kind of date close to what these people are giving me and I do.

Also, the whole point of having the OMP forums is so that we can interact with you. If you have a question about shipping or dates being met ... just ask. However being told that I'm "wrong all the time" doesn't give me a warm fuzzy of dealing with your personal issues.

But luckily I'm well past the personal attacks I've gotten on these forums. There is a point where if you can deal with comments like these and get past them, then it makes helping all the other people that I assist worth the effort and does not bother me. I just use my good memory for the others.

That is why you only see a handful of manufacturers on these forums offering support.
Old 12-27-2004, 03:00 PM
Dave763
My Feedback: (1)

Dion, please don't think I don't know about the problems you mentioned, it just seems as if things tend to happen a little later than you anticipate(read tell your customers).
You guys are OK in my book, I love all the stuff I've got from you.

Take a chill pill dude.

Dave
Old 12-27-2004, 03:12 PM
remcl1

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I understand "garbage in garbage out". It is only by our criticism of you and then your criticism of your supplier that we can take what is becoming the normal and change it.

Dion,

Your attitude in that last post is "not my fault". Well you are the last link in the chain, so the buck must stop with you. If I had an employee with this "pass the buck" attitude they would not last long. Attacks can not be personnel when no one knows you personally. If you consider a critique of you job performance as a personal attack, then you are taking things too personally. If it looked like I was wrong all the time, then I would change something. Oh by the way, we are not here to give you warm fuzzies. We are here to purchase thing from you. You take our money and give up top quality products. If you deliver what you promise and I pay as I promise, then we will both have warm fuzzies.