Community
Search
Notices
OMP - Ohio Model Products Support Forum Discuss products and get support from OMP. This forum is operated by the owners of OMP and your support questions or complaints will be handled as OMP deems appropriate.

Hey Mike - The wing root wedges worked!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
FredJr
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Mike - The wing root wedges worked!!

You might remember me as the guy who had the eye problem where I had some trouble getting things perfectly straight (the wing tube / root rib in my Fusion 52 [>:] ).

Anyway I used the parts you sent as a template, cut some 1/4" balsa slabs, glued them to the roots & sanded my brains out (didn't take too long so I kept sanding). I managed a reasonable taper front to back.

Bottom line is that the wing now fits like it should with no glaring gap-o-sis - I am going to try to finish the Fusion as far as covering & trim & post some pix before my surgery next Thursday.

Thanks for all your help Mike - next I am starting an Edge 540 (foam bidy) - after that a biplane!!! I sure do love OMP kits.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
AFSalmon
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey Mike - The wing root wedges worked!!

Hey Fred that is great! I'm glad you were able to fix the problems and get that bird ready to fly. Hope your eyes are much better.