Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 07:18 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Stinson Reliant SR-10

My UM T-28 has the squeal, it comes from the Ailerons, when I touch the stick a bit it goes away.

On th e3 pos flap settings on the DX6i, thanks, I am going to try that on my T34.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:54 AM
rrhea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to point out that everything I said about setting up 3-position flaps was wrong! (well, almost everything).
Being a rookie, I mad a bad rookie mistake.
Bottom line; I set it up thinking that the flap up (zero flaps) position should be the center position of the
servo. WRONG. Set it up so your Half-Flaps positionis the centered servo position. Then your servo will operate in one direction to go to zero-flaps, the other direction for full-flaps, and centered for half flaps.
Setting it up on the DX7 was a breeze once this dawned on me. Sorry for the misinformation!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Hnorth

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Just got my Bind'N'Fly version of it today and the only thing that made me sad was on the bottom of the cowl it looked like it had been touched up with paint.......Cant really notice it when its flying only when you put it together. I also ordered my flap servo it's on back order [:@] 3 more weeks to go.......

Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
aero550

New guy here....

This is my "re-entry" airplane to get back into RC after being out for many years. It's been a fun plane to fly and looks fantastic in the air, but the landing gear is very weak and flimsy and not tolerant to hard landings. The aluminum gear struts are very soft and deform very easily. They bend back into shape, but seem to get softer with every subsequent adjustment. Also, the plastic fairings pop out of the flanges on the belly after just about every landing and are very difficult to reposition without completely removing and reinstalling the gear. The gear support structure, which is also the wing strut support and the battery compartment will eventually crack and need to be replaced after several hard landings. Lastly, the airplane very easily noses over when landing in grass - almost unavoidable due to the wheel pants catching in the grass and digging in.

Today, I did a major overhaul and modification of the gear. I replaced the battery compartment/gear support structure. I also purchased a new set of landing gear, but I removed all of the plastic parts and the stock wheels. I enlarged the axle holes to 1/4" and installed 1-1/4 x 1/8" bolt-on axles. These are made by Du-Bro and Great Planes. I installed 2-1/2" Super Lite foam wheels by Du-Bro and hold them onto the axle with 1/8" wheel collars. These wheels are the same size as the stock wheels, but I may go bigger if I still have a problem with grass. I'm hoping that just removing the wheel pants will solve the problem. You could use the stock wheels on these new axles, but the wheel would need to be drilled out to fit onto the 1/8" axles. The Du-Bro wheels are better quality anyway. After a couple of test flights today, I am satisfied with the results. It unfortunately loses that classic look of the stylish wheel pants and fairings, but it is much more functional. The stock replacement landing gear is inexpensive enough that you could have a display set with the fairings if you wanted and if you fly off of pavement all the time, the stock gear is adequate as long as you are proficient at decent landings (unlike me).

Old 03-16-2013, 02:42 PM
brac1960

Great review. I really like this plane she flys really smooth once I got it all trimmed out. Here is a video of mine with flaps and skis.
[link=http://youtu.be/GApgGi7dkno]parkzone stinson reliant[/link]