Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

PARKZONES NEW P-47

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Aircraftfreak15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PARKZONES NEW P-47

Hey guys look what i found on there website today. I happy this is the net one i wanted to see from them cant wait to get my hads on it its a must buy in my opion.

http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...ProdID=PKZ5380
Old 10-22-2010, 12:51 PM
nagata

Default RE: PARKZONES NEW P-47

Sweet! While maybe not the exact plane that I was hoping their next offering would be, pre-prepped for both flaps & retracts is exactly what I was hoping for! That's awesome! Kinda glad I held off on the Stinson, I think I'll be waiting and picking up one of these. Hopefully they make it in on-time and I can get one as a Christmas gift to myself, and ask for a set or 2 of retracts, for the new P-47 and the Habu

Horizon, please keep up this trend of offering more features for the ParkZone line, I love it!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Saburo Sakai

More crack for the crack addict.....ParkZone, you're killing me....No, wait, I take it willingly and enjoy it....God save us..The Jug, the original Thud, Republic's Tank of American Justice, the P-47. Ahhhhh.......

That's IT: the American Jug of Justice (copywrite 2010 by Saburo Sakai).
A prime candidate for my new, Micro Browning M-2 machine guns (tm)!EIGHT of them! "Thu-du-thu-du-thu-du-THUD-DU !"
Old 10-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Raycamaro

I already bought the Stinson. Oh Well. Going to Chicago tomorrow to see the P-47 and other new planes. I guess the P-47 will be plane # 41.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:48 PM
mad web tv scientist

Yes, Monday is the day a very special PZ P-47 will be ordered when I stop by to pick up an order of props that will be modified for special high altitude flying by PZ Mustangs and the Wildcat that is in the process of being reported on in the F4F thread.

Because of it's high visibility the Thunderbolt will probably be flown a lot especially under poor visibility conditions. The effective camouflage on the Wildcat gave me a real scare recently during a daring flying demonstration. After arriving home I immediately added some highly reflective Chrome Monokote in key areas that should help flash where the ship is if it disappears in the soup again as it did on the afore mentioned demo. I used a spare sharpened GAP .45 caliber brass case to "cookie cut" four nicely round "machine gun" position glued on reflectors which should be really neat when flying directly at myself with the sun directly behind me. The front corners of the fiberglass packing tape reinforced wing tips allowed a small but very visible amount of Monokote to be ironed on with no visible foam "popcorn" effect that heat can produce on the foam. Chrome strips were added to the trailing edges of the elevator, the small flat back of of the tail end of the fuselage, and the aileron horns also now sport shinny chrome covering.

Looking forward to mixing it up in the air with my very own P-47!

FLY, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=cry_smile.gif] [sm=lol.gif] ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:32 PM
nagata

The more I look at this plane, the more I look forward to it! Probably gonna go pre-order one from the LHS soon, as I have several expiring coupons that I need to use up and can get a sizable amount off. I will virtually immediately add both flaps and retracts; pretty excited about the idea of a plane with all the features!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:01 PM
mad web tv scientist

[8D] Squadron, SitRep (Situation Report) on P-47 availability is December. While ordering spare Spitfire props today my FHS (favorite hobby shop) from whom my entire armada of PZ WWII fighters have been procured, confirmed late December as the most likely time of "T Day" (Thunderbolt day).

I suspect the Thunderbolt's arrival will be earlier than that, given past performance. However, orders for the 47 have been unusually heavy according to the HS, so maybe the late date is the most likely. Given present economic uncertainties, the Thunderbolt might be the last RTF fighter many of us will be able to afford for quite some time, if ever.

I don't have to tell you that there are a lot of unfriendly forces gathering right now. We could be in for a very long hard slog. Immediate outcomes may be very much in question, but there is, of course, no doubt at all about the ultimate inevitable victory. So, in the meantime adequate attention to logistics requirements are the key to victory, especially with expendables like props, batteries, etc..

We must all now respond to our call to glory, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:46 PM
mazjag

another post of I`m not what sure? you and that other guy need to get a life. If you have any insight to add to the model then please do, but going on about a fight etc. is pure weird stuff. Several times you guys have been on a rant about God knows what? Give it a rest already... Everybody likes the planes ,but we could do without all the BS .....very odd behavior....Jason
Old 11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Freddy!

For the money,nitro planes big P47 is a better deal than park zones .

Old 11-25-2010, 09:16 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Freddy!

For the money,nitro planes big P47 is a better deal than park zones .[img][/img]

Hi Guys!

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving celebration!

Speaking of Tail Wheel assemblies, after purchasing the FMS MODEL, large EPO (57 inch wing span) P-51D mustang from PW-RC dot com late last year and over 32 flights, I can say that I did not like that fact that spare parts might come into question on these Large Chinese made models. However, I looked into getting another Tail Wheel assembly for my Version #3, FMS MODEL and called NitroPlanes but, they did not have any and had to resort to calling / e-mailing the "Factory" FMS MODEL:

http://www.fmsmodel.com/EN/Index.asp

and they responded very quickly and professionally. Their e-mail reply about obtaining the Tail Wheel Assembly that came with the 3rd version production indicated that they secured the part but, they could not send it to me directly so, they shipped it to PW-RC.

It took perhaps two weeks and PW-RC sent me an e-mail saying that all he needed was $4.00 for shipping from China for the part. They did not even charged me for the part as it seems like it is a part that is attached to the FUSE and could not come up with a price so, they just gave it to me! I was very pleased with the excellent Customer Service at the Factory and their coordination with a distributor to ship it to me!

Way to go FMS MODEL

I am in the same mind set that for the same $$$$$ for even a PNP you can get yourself a larger Warbird with all the trimmings (Flaps, Retracts, etc..) and considering the excellent Customer Service from the Factory direct and having a distributor to ship it to me!

Carlos[8D]
Old 11-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Freddy!

You have to many chargers Carlos,the new F4U thats coming to nitro planes in gray is beautyous.One for me,last one for the year. Dave
Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 PM
mad web tv scientist

Freddy & Carlos, thank you for your inspirational posts. Although my first preference is for PZ fighters compliments of proven quality and availability; I really would like to order a big Spit and a big P-47 from NitroPlanes. My problem is that my financial adviser will only authorize pay by check or money order and I have been unable to even communicate with NitroPlanes, much less devise terms of payment.

The irresistible thing about the big machines to me is the fact that the wing loadings seems close enough to our PZ warbirds that they could be flown in the same "small" places as our PFs. Of course, we would need to be very careful with the monster size birds since the kinetic energy is double that of our more reasonably sized machines. I am also fascinated by those itty bitty servos - amazing technology - I simply must have a few of those big impressive planes, if possible.

Still waiting patiently for a PZ Thunderbolt but am wimping out about flying high, fighting and winning. I just hate frozen fingers. Flying must wait for now. Must get psyched up to use gloves again if hit by an irresistible urge to fly.

Over and out.

madwebtvscientist (I hope RCU will get its animated smileys working again.) ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:01 PM
mad web tv scientist

Merry Christmas! P-47s are here! Mine is ready for her maiden flight. She is a very beautiful piece of flying art! This one had better be kept available or I am really going to get mad!

It will be maidened first and my new PZ 109 will be maidened afterwards in a historic first day for me - two fighters maidened on the same day. The "Bolt" is set up without landing gear and is about two ounces lighter than the new 109 with its fixed gear and no flaps.

I invented a really simple way to run 4.25 ounce batteries and stock 6.5 ounce batteries with little or no CG shift. I use a well ventilated chunk of foam plastic as a spacer with the stock battery to keep it far enough back in the battery compartment to compensate for the weight of the lighter
battery.

Speaking of batteries, the instruction manual is wrong in its admonition to fully charge batteries for storage. They should be charged around fifty percent (50%) like my new stock battery was when I first checked it after pulling it out of the box. Batteries also last a lot longer if they are discharged only about half way most of the time.

I like to balance the plane by moving components around. It balances perfectly on the recommended CG position with nothing moved at the moment. After modifying the structure and substituting some components I may have to do a little component moving in order to avoid hated ballast weight. My 47 has the appearance of having all wheels retracted. I use low temperature "foam film" to cover all holes for a nice streamlined, light airframe. The Thunderbolt is a natural for belly landings.

I added just enough right wing tip weight to be able to observe that that wing tip is slightly heavier as I have found to be very useful on our high powered fighters.

More fun later, so in the meantime, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:23 PM
mad web tv scientist

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

The dry throat and whiff of danger nervousness before launch, along with the weak knees after the flying session today was probably due to lack of practice as well as the preasure of the commitment to maiden two fighters on the same day.

My Jug is balanced right on the instruction book's recommended CG using three different size batteries. The 30C batteries seemed to provide identical performance even though there is almost a quarter of a pound difference in their weight. Just for fun and to see how well it would work an intermediate size battery (stock PZ 1800mAh 3 Cell 15C) provided low but adequate power for most of the useful maiden flight session performance maneuvers.

The elevator required a noticeable amount of up trim to maintain practical minimum cruising speed in level flight. Both the ailerons and elevators required greater deflection angles than recommended to approach optimal desirable performance standards.

The gray overcast sky seemed to minimize any visual advantages of the "air superiority metal finish" the plane has to offer. I plan to add black and white invasion stripes on the bottom of the wing to hopefully improve the visual situation. It's nice to be able to tell if the plane is upside down or right side up. Stripes should help. They should look neat regardless.

A really neat thing is the sound of the "VTO ability" 11X3.8 SF APC prop. It's like that of my PZ F4U, only louder. It buzzes realistically at higher throttle settings and has a "swishing sound" at lower settings.
Washers are needed on the hub to make SF props work.

I am really looking forward to flying the Thunderbolt and fine tuning it to fly all of my favorite maneuvers.

So, FLY HIGH. FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist ____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:21 PM
mad web tv scientist

The "Snortin'Bull was put through final test flights today using the largest and smallest batteries that it is anticipated will be used in its hopefully long and eventful career. Performance was terrific - very much comparable to my sweet flying "just fly at any altitude" modified Wildcat. It seems to have all the flying performance capabilities I will ever need for my particular modeling performance requirements.

With a slight amount of sunlight shining through an overcast sky, the added "invasion stripes" on the bottom side of the wing were visible and useful for about 2/3rds of the maximum distance away from my position that encompasses my "normal" flying space.

So, it looks like a killer Thunderbolt will now be flying high, fighting, and winning in the war torn skies, come what may.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
mad web tv scientist

FINE TUNED JUG

In back to back flights with the Thunderbolt and the Wildcat, the P-47 easily flies and lands slower than the F4F when set up as a belly lander and powered with an 11X3.8 SF APC Prop. Vertical performance is comparable to the "just fly at any altitude" modified Wildcat and its smooth, stable controllability even with my higher control deflection rates than is recommended adjusted into the big bird is really nice. This machine is going to do a lot of flying.

Seventeen (17) millimeters left/right rudder can provide convincing knife edge flight for short distances (I am still not very good with rudder control yet). Twelve (12)mm ailerons provides nice roll rate and stability. By adjusting the servo arms and the elevator horn system for equal control authority up and down I ended up with 13mm up and 16mm down. All of these adjustments are for low rate.

I paced off a little more than 400 feet just as the sun was going down, and though not clear, it was possible to discern the invasion stripes on the bottom of the plane. It was possible to see the stripes fairly well at the highest practical flying altitude when the sun angle was just right. So, the conclusion is that the invasion stripes are more than worth the trouble to install on the bottom side of the wing, and they do look neat at lower altitudes.

Until further notice we will be FLYING HIGH, FIGHTING, AND WINNING!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
mazjag

I`m pretty sure that is the most normal thing you have have posted..I like that thing...Are you gonna put the retracts on it??
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 PM
mad web tv scientist

mazjag , thank you for your post. I could be tempted to try retracts. I do love the P-47 and, like the PZ Messerschmitts, it would be neat to own both my current stock belly landing Thunderbolt and a "full house" version modified for aerobatics ability equal to my current machine. We shall see.

The most likely scenario would be that at some point after my current fighter armada is used to successfully do its part in the inevitable victory in the culture war; and I move into a new mansion paid for by advertising dollars, I will then have the space to hold all of my flying museum aircraft including my "dream Jug."

In the meantime, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:21 PM
mad web tv scientist

JUST FLY AT ANY ALTITUDE JUG

Just ordered ten (10) more spare APC 11X4.7 SF props after tests suggested that this prop should make the Thunderbolt perform very nicely from sea level up to 2 miles high. Spare SF APC 11X7s will accompany the P-47 on its high altitude missions just for fun. They should work very well at any practical R/C high altitude. We shall see.

Tests show that the "retracted gear" looking Thunderbolt (no gear at all - no, not even a tail wheel) weighing in at just under two (2) pounds empty weight, enjoys a very nice thrust to weight ratio that is very comparable to the .25 powered PZ Messerschmitt at the same weight with its stock 109 prop. The 109 still enjoys a slight edge. Both planes will pull straight up at just over half throttle.

The 11X4.7 prop is more efficient than the 11X3.8 prop that was originally used. The Thunderbolt's stock prop doesn't provide needed vertical performance for the kind of aerobatics I am working on. Yes, I know that the full scale P-47 was not exactly famous for tight turning maneuvers at low altitude, but I just can't resist having as much fun as possible with this fabulous airplane!

I can't wait for the weather to get better. I have a whole lot of flying to do!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
mad web tv scientist

[X(] INSTRUCTION MANUAL TROUBLE

First of all, I feel compelled to thank parkzone for the battery charging tip in the Wildcat Instruction Manual about the dangers of peak charging batteries that have a 12.2 volt or higher charge. Fortunately, it looks like I have only lost one of my LiPos before learning the truth about this charging phenomena - great instructions, great plane! The F4F will always be a favorite!

Well, we got trouble with the PZ P-47 Thunderbolt Instruction Manual, my friend. "Right here, I say trouble right here in River City."

The second stock battery for the P-47 I ordered came charged at 11.54 volts. This is a voltage that by most "authoritative accounts" is only slightly higher than a safe storage charge. No authority on Lipo batteries that I have ever read about so far recommends storing a LiPo battery at full charge as is recommended on page 4 of the Instruction Manual.

So, if I am wrong about something here, please let me know. Otherwise, I am going to "wax the tail" of this matter come what may! TRUTH MATTERS!

So, FLY HIGH, FIGHT, AND WIN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif] [sm=cry_smile.gif]____________________________________________ Modeling Promoting Bog: http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...g&memid=266748 Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of a selfish esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 01-16-2011, 02:49 PM
Sparkie-RCU
My Feedback: (10)

Just dropped in to show you guys the new conversion kit I have for this plane on the site.
www.parkflyerplastics.com
There are two, one will upgrade your cockpit while the other converts your bird to the razorback.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29879.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1549014  
Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: Sparkie-RCU

Just dropped in to show you guys the new conversion kit I have for this plane on the site.
www.parkflyerplastics.com
There are two, one will upgrade your cockpit while the other converts your bird to the razorback.
Nice post. The shots of the razorback are the neatest looking of any I have ever seen. Being a curvaceous shapes enthusiast I still like the bubble canopy more on the Thunderbolt. The reality is that the P-47 with all of its curves comes very close to being the most beautiful fighter. I wonder if there are any Jug owners out there who would disagree.

I like your sig. If only more fighter model enthusiasts reflected your values, imagine how great a fellowship we could have. I am looking forward to enjoying more of your posts. Just don't let anything demoralize your positive direction. There is a price for victory.

I am still waiting for a justification or a retraction of the bad battery storage advice in the Instruction Manual. TRUTH STILL MATTERS!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:18 PM
mad web tv scientist

The 11X4.7 SF APC prop worked perfectly today. It may be making the vertical climb with slow rolling maneuver a little more convincing due to the extra thrust over the 11X3.8 in the climb. All other maneuvering with the 11X4.7 seemed about the same as with the 11X3.8. Theoretically, it seems like it should be possible to cruise at lower power for longer flights, but so far no differences in range was noticed. May have to do back to back flights on the same day in order to be sure about prop performance differences.

The one thing I've noticed is that the big Jug definitely drains its big stock batteries fast. Maybe once the batteries get more use they will develop greater running time.

Still waiting to hear about the battery storage recommendation controversy. TRUTH STILL MATTERS!

So, wingmen, hold a steady course to the target.

Old 01-23-2011, 01:16 AM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Wow! I just finished setting up my PZ P-47 with retracts and plan to maiden tomorrow. Came inside to look on RCU to see what people are saying about this plane, and was shocked on how little has been posted about it. Saw one flying today at the field, and went to the LHS and bought one. I love Jugs, and didnt want to spend the money till I seen one fly in person. Needless to say, I was impressed.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:30 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Put 4 battery's through the Jug in 8-12 mph wind, LOVE IT. Had more fun flying that than my Ultra Sick Lite!! Every time I did a low pass with the gear up I made strafing cannon sounds and giggled like a little girl..

Just a tad nose heavy with a 2700 3S. GREAT PLANE!! GO BUY ONE!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.