Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

best flying wing?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 11:46 AM
Smokey
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best flying wing?

This is my first venture into electrics. I was considering getting a flying wing. Anybody have any suggestions? I have a $200 limit on my budget. Thats excluding the radio. I have a Jr 8103. I want something with aerobatics capability. Going camping a lot this summer and since i can't fly my glow planes there, electrics are my only option. Long flight time would be nice too.

Thanks
Smokey
Old 04-27-2002, 09:35 PM
mumblety-peg
My Feedback: (3)

You can't go wrong with a Zagi.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:56 PM
mpj220

Old 05-22-2002, 03:32 AM
hardlock

Might want to take a look at the free construction guide for the Wally Wing made from a $4 Walmart hand chuck foam glider. Not much harder than a Zagi to build, flies a little slower, soars a little better yet still does stunts (videos at site)

http://www.acesim.com/rc/wallywing.html

For a stunt wing that will fly circles around a Zagi, check out the Super Cutless version of the JSF. Made from foamboard, it can be flown with an IPS up to a geared S300 for vertical performance plus quick disassembles flat for transport.

http://www.acesim.com/rc/jsf/jsf.html

(bottom of page)
Old 05-22-2002, 11:31 AM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a delta called the super-fly that the local shop is distributing. Its an EP foamy and it is the most durable plane I've ever flown. $179 gets you the plane, norvel .061 and gas tank, fittings, and hitec flight pack. Everything you need to finish it except glue, I used goop outdoors. I painted mine with rustoleum spray paint. The web site is www.discounthobbies.net. I've been flying a buddies at the field several times now. Very menuverable and aerobatic. There is an electric version coming out June 1. The plane alone is about $60 or $70. Will get one of those also. I'm planning on doing the same as you. I've seen so many road side rest areas that looked perfect for getting a quick flight in.
Edwin
Old 06-10-2002, 07:41 PM
squelch

Definitely the Wedgie!
Go to www.mmglidertech.com

If you want fast and aerobatic, it is far better then the Zagi, on a simple speed 400 and 8 x KR600AEs.

If you want duration and relaxing flight, with mild aerobatics, you can't go wrong with the Zagi 400X. It is a great plane too. It will fly slow enough to fly within a baseball park but still provide descent speed.

check out my wedgie on my website: www.dynamoelectrics.com on the Hangar page. I was a long time Zagi fan, until I saw the wedgie fly.

You will love it.