Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Watt age electric Cessna and Corsair RTF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Watt age electric Cessna and Corsair RTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 06:19 PM
Shoey949

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watt age electric Cessna and Corsair RTF

Just wondered if anyone had any experience with either of those planes?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2003, 06:44 PM
enrique1123

Default RE: Watt age electric Cessna and Corsair RTF

One of the guys that flies at the park withme just bought the Cessna and I only have one thing to say WWWOWWW Reno racer, It flies great, handles like a dream, plenty of power with the factory set up but it'd docile enough for a beginner.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:36 PM
Brett Hendo

The cessna 180 is an awsome plane. It is my first plane I have ever flown and I have it down pretty well now after a week or so. I would really reccomend getting it, also it come with a nice 4 channel radio which you can use for future planes
Old 12-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Shoey949

Thanks, wondered if anyone has every seen an corsair fly I can't really find any information on it.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:51 AM
Mclarenhpi

Hi, I was wondering if I should get it the cessna 180 rtf, does it have a speed control? is it made of wood or foam, and does it include all batteries or do I have to go buy a battery for the motor.
Thanks
Old 12-13-2003, 03:34 PM
goofup

Note: the Wattage Cessna comes with a 27 mhz radio, not the normal 72 mhz airplane radio. It may have a limited range.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:45 PM
Chad9703

Can you use the radio that comes with the Cessna with the Cockpit Master Backyard Edition Flight Sim?

I was wondernig since there is no interface cable listed for a Cirrus radio.
Old 12-17-2003, 07:54 PM
Shoey949

Brett can you expand on the flight characteristics?
Old 01-15-2004, 06:08 PM
Spdrmnky

Has any of you heard about or flown the Watt-Age Corsair? I'm looking into that plane as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 02:47 AM
bwc_artist

suggest you check here for more info on the WattAge F4U Corsair RTF .The radio is a 4 channel 27mhz
global hobby forum..look for Corsair threds .there are a few you might find interesting

http://globalservices.globalhobby.co...wforum.php?f=8
Old 02-07-2004, 07:24 PM
TravelairR
My Feedback: (7)

I bought the Corsair and Wattage should be ashamed of themselves for selling it. I'm a novice so I took it to some very experienced flyers and they judged it a toad. I finally took out all the electronics and put them in a slow stick. At least my money wasn't totally wasted.

Horseman
Old 02-13-2004, 01:13 AM
bwc_artist

How many flights did you try it before you condemned it? There were a few problems with the early ones.. mostly fixed now>I'd recommend you visit the Global forums ..and read the Corsair threads. It's not really a beginners aircraft seeing as it is low wing> but if you have high wing electric trainer experience and are ready to move up to a low wing aircraft ..it's a decent flyer (i'd recommend a stronger battery -I'm using a hobbyzone 8.4v 900MAH NIMH and the flight times are as good as other park flyers i've seen and better than some. Are the guys who condemned it flying glow or electric? With a few changes it can be made to look real good in the air - here's mine! (BTW -the gear is only on for the pics - i fly mine without landing gear)

I also run a new forum for this aircraft over at rc forums.com
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5&pagenumber=1
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79254.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	100353  
Old 04-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Wrong_Way_Falcon

BWC
So how does the corsair fly in your estimation. I agree that not too many nitro pilots are going to be impressed with any rtf electric. I have recently taught myself to fly a firebird and still have it in one piece. How big of a jump would the corsair be from that. I have lots of room and privacy to make mistakes, I just don't want to trash it if its out of my league.
Scott
Old 04-12-2004, 09:12 AM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

I mainly fly glow, but have a couple of park flyers too. The Corsair as it comes from Wattage is tail heavy. It will fly if the elevator pushrod is on the top clevis hole AND you don't horse around on the elevator. A heavier battery should make it fly better. Flight times were good. I got 8-10 min at half throttle. Warhwk
Old 04-23-2004, 03:26 PM
ctimm
My Feedback: (61)

My Wonderful wife ordered me a Cessna for my birthday! I wait with baited breath for my delivery, especially after reading some of your reviews on it.

I welcome any assembly & first time Flight advice, I dont want to mess up her maiden flight.

thanks everone

chris
Old 04-25-2004, 08:27 AM
WolfeWind

Are there any tricks to make sure the Cesna 180 is set up to glide well. I tried hand launching mine under full power and it just rolled over and nosed and broke the prop - both of them LOL. I have flow the Aerobird Firdbird and Comander with no problems, but the Cessna seems very touchy. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

I just bought the Wattage Cessna off of E**y. I've been flying nitro for a year now and have planes from Hobbico trainers to a Sig 110 Rascal. I went to the field with this little thing yesterday because I was pressed for time. This thing flies GREAT! All the veterans there were very impressed and a couple of them even got to fly it. I have 3 battery packs and brought my field charger with me so I was able to get about 6 flights in. This is my first electric plane and I wasn't too serious when I bought it. I almost considered it a joke because of its' diminutive size. Although I won't give up my nitro planes I am definitely hooked on this little thing. I'll be leaving it in the truck to fly at lunch time. What a bargain!
Old 04-30-2004, 05:18 PM
ctimm
My Feedback: (61)

I just recieved ny new cessna in the mail yesterday and cant wait to set her up! Do you have any tips or advice on the set up & balancing of it.
I'd also like to know the best way to successfully launch it, i know the instruction book comes with a very detailed procedure but was your method any different or better?
Any advice you can spare on the cessna would be appreciated.

Thanks

chris.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Just put the battery as far forward as you can. I put a piece of foam behind it to hold it in place.

Launch it by hand at full throttle and try to point it slightly up. Fly it over grass cause you'll put it in the ground a couple of times till you get the hang of it.
If there is no wind it flies well at half throttle.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hi,

i've just started flying the wattage corsair after about 6 months on other planes and firstly found it has a crap stock engine. i'm going to replace it with a 7.2v speed 400 and see how that goes. my aerobird has a fantastic engine and never has problems getting off the ground.

i was wondering about fitting a race s400 with a gearbox, or maybe a gws or wattage gearbox/motor combo and was wondering if anyone has any opinions about this. it's wide enough at the front, but i'm not too sure if there's enough room between the front and the battery for a start. also, if possible, what ratio gearbox and size prop. also, do you need a prop adapter ? i need this plane for training on, but after my initial dissapointment with the standard motor and batteries, i would like to turn it into a bit of a hot-rod...
Old 10-04-2004, 12:58 AM
crashergs
My Feedback: (8)

As far as the wattage cessna goes, Im talking about the wattage 182 scale park flyer, currently im done building it, took me approx 7 hours from 9pm through 4a.m to fully build the plane, right now im breaking in a promax cobalt 400 13 turn motor. The wattage pitts plane I purchased previous to this one, and it sucked, too wobbly even for a moderate experienced pilot in gas scale aircraft, i couldnt handle its extreme measures to correct the plane to get it in the air. to my knowledge of the build on the wattage 182 scale cessna, this plane should handle extremly docile and fun and scale to fly. Tomorrow I will send it off to its maiden flight. I highly recommend this aircraft, veryyyy easy to build, you dont even need the instructions. You can purchase the aircraft from hobbypeople.net
Old 10-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Airbourne in Japan

i have got the corsair to fly after months of trying and 4 different motors. i'm now using a parkzone f27 480 motor, which is plenty powerful enough for hand launches. i'm using 8.4v aerobird/ f27 900mah 7 cell batteries. i've hand launched it for the past two days and it flys nicely off at about 2/3 throttle. however i've not managed a circuit with it yet as both days i must have damaged the wings with my failed attempts at flying and they both folded mid air were the crank is (only 1 side folded), so i haven't been able to get any practice in with it yet. really enjoyed it though after all the frustrations. i want to do wheeled take offs and landings when i can fly it ok as i think it is a good trainer for this - better than stuffing up more expensive planes. however, the grass field i'm flying at it wont take off like that, so i'll have to go to an old airfield i use to try it from the runway, but as it gets damaged more there, i'll learn to fly it first. heavy plane, but should be great now i've got a decent motor in it.
Old 02-09-2005, 07:29 PM
brownstone101

this goes for every one i want u to go out and have as mutch fun with it i have a comander and i just go to have fun.yes there is time for a new motor or servose but just fly it and enjoy it because there r people who want to get into this hobby that cant because of there reasons so injoy it because its fun dont try to be faster tirn harede thant u friends just enjoy it because ppl who do that dont have fun trying to be beter