Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

slowstick radio setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slowstick radio setup

I will soon have my Slowstick ready to fly but I was wondering what is the best way to set up the radio control equipment. I know when using a 4 channel radio the throttle and rudder are on the left stick and the elevator and ailerons are on the right stick. When only using throttle, rudder and elevator do any of you move the rudder from the left stick to the right stick where the aileron control was or do you fly with the rudder on the left stick. I'm not sure what the correct way to set up the radio controls should be for my Slowstick. I won't be putting ailerons on the Slowstick. It seems to me it would be easer to control with the rudder and elevator on the same stick.

Thanks

Mike
Old 01-09-2004, 10:56 AM

Default RE: slowstick radio setup

I set mine up with the rudder on the right stick. Its probably personal prefference though.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:54 AM

Default RE: slowstick radio setup

I've been flying a T-hawk with a single stick transmitter, rudder/elev on stick under my right thumb and throttle with left. I'm glad you asked this question. I have a slowstick on the way with a 4 channel transmitter. I'm so used to the single stick, I'm with you, I think rudder/elev on right and throttle on left would seem less confusing. Of course that's what I'm used to. I have seen some threads on this and the argument is that once you are flying a plane on 4 channels, it's an easier transition to be used to rudder on the left. But...if you are using primarily ailerons to turn (right stick) Is it really that hard to get used to. I mean we would be used to turning with right stick anyway. I'm new to this hobby so this is all just guessing and theory. Wait... those are the same thing aren't they.

The Surgeon General should issue a warning about this hobby...... It's highly addictive.