Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

slow stick weight?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 07:02 AM
DARKFLY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow stick weight?

was courius how much some of your slow sticks weigh?
Old 06-05-2005, 04:09 PM
kuzikood
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: slow stick weight?

i built mine heavy about 21 ounces,its a 400 powered with a 7 cell 1600 ah hs55's...and about 3 ounces of fiberglass tape and red ducttape reinforcing the wing...belive me works great and wing hasnt had a scratch or flex in the least
Old 06-06-2005, 11:41 PM
layback2
My Feedback: (12)

About 25oz add a 3rd servo have airons now 8.4 700 battery 400 i gear motor 11x7 slow flyer prop reinforced the tail clear then tape 6 channel receiver added the DUB922
Du-Bro RC 30" Micro2 Pushrod System wing has been reinforced to handle the rons and hinges flys smooth rolls great
Old 06-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I_Love_My_ABC

Mine weighs in at about 22 ounces, but don't worry too much about extra weight on the Slow Stick. Up at the park where I usually fly I saw a guy strap a small hand-held video camera about 5 inches square and 3 inches thick weighing roughly 300 grams to the underside of his Slow Stick. It took of from the ground without a problem and aside from a couple of CG problems that he adjusted it flew perfectly well and he got some awsome video.

I talked to him about his camera setup and he told me that he picked up the camera from Ebay for $60.00 brand new. It doesn't use a tape, but records directly to a standard SD card. He said he can record for up to an hour at the highest resolution on the 512Mb SD card and has another 128Mb of RAM built in which will give you approximately 30 minutes so you don't even need the SD card if you don't want to use it.

As long as you get the CG right the Slow Stick is capable of carrying huge payloads!! This was the reason I decided to buy a Slow Stick. I am yet to try and haul a camera up into the air but so far I've found the Slow Stick to be a terriffic flyer with heaps of power and fun for all!!

Everybody should own a Slow Stick....