Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Anyone fly the Sig parkflyers? >

Anyone fly the Sig parkflyers?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Anyone fly the Sig parkflyers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 01:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone fly the Sig parkflyers?

I just noticed their line, some Fokkers, lots of others, real good looking planes, how are they built and do they fly good?
Old 04-24-2004, 07:58 AM

Default RE: Anyone fly the Sig parkflyers?

I have the SIG Jenny, it was easy to build, flys great. The only problems I had were in getting it to fly straight, the wings are very thin and warp easily. My first couple of flights it would go left and dive. I had to experiment with a hair dryer held about 12" from the wing, heat and bend the wing slightly, this took a few trys. Once I got the correct bend the planes flys great. I is not overpowered by any means but it flys ok. I upgraded my motor to a M250 http://www.jetsetairplanes.com/html/motors.html and it made all the difference in the world. Try using a 800 - 1200 Lithium Polymer battery. You don not want to leave this plane in a closed car on a hot day, the wings will warp. The foam repairs easily with epoxy after a crash. Aside from adjusting the wing this is a good plane and flys reasonably well from a hand launch, but don't expect good loops and rolls with the stock motor.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:48 PM

Default RE: Anyone fly the Sig parkflyers?

Don't bring me down guys as I just ordered one a few minutes ago from tower. Just finished and flew my Wattage Sopwith Camel and it flies pretty good. It's a little floater and it looks okay in the air. As usual like most parkflyers the landing mount is a little weak as even a no rollout landing pulls it loose sometimes. I also have a Kavan Fokker triplane that I bought last summer and still have not built. Everthing I have heard about it says it is very underpowered. I have yet to decide how to solve that problem. I just think the WWI planes look so good in the air. It's almost like seeing a flying history lesson. Don't get me wrong I like WW2 planes also but they just don't look as majestic in the air.