Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

GWS ME-109 Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS ME-109 Help

I tried to fly my 109 today. After 3 failed attempts I gave up for the day. The airplane just stalls and rolls to the ground. It seems that I can't get enough speed after the hand launch.
I am using a Great Planes c-20 ESC with the stock motor, and a 8.4/730 ni-mh battery.
Also the plane feels very heavy. i had to use all the provided clay to achieve CG. it was very tail heavy.
Any suggestions??

Thanks...
Old 05-09-2004, 10:39 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: GWS ME-109 Help

It sounds like you are underpowered and too heavy. I do not have a 109 (I would like to get one) but I have a Funny Park with the same problem. I cut out the battery compartment and pushed the batteries forward - I would not use clay.

As far as power goes, this is my electric power system for all my electrics
EPS350C - D gears
Pixie 20 P (your esc should be fine)
Prop: anything between a 1047 and a 1206 (my preference)
Battery: KAN 650, 8 cell (9.6 V)

Batteries are the key here. KAN's can put out the amps where other batteries can't.

To get more power with less weight - you can open the pocket book and get brushless motors and Lithium batteries. This is a lot more money and the above power system will get you by fine if your plane is not greatly overweight.

Good Luck!
Old 05-10-2004, 01:45 PM

Default RE: GWS ME-109 Help

Thank you for your advice. I am going to take ALL the clay out and try cutting the foam.
Thanks agin..