Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

What plane should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 12:03 PM
lotrusty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What plane should i get?

i want a nice three channel plane aerobatic, good price have been looking at megatech airstriker, wattage corsair, parkzone f-27

or if any suggestions please feel free to help me out.

thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 04:06 PM
TOPGUNNER

Default RE: What plane should i get?

do you have any experience flying a RC Plane??
Old 08-20-2004, 05:00 PM
foreverNight

the planes you mention are all meant for advanced flyers. STAY AWAY FROM MEGATECH PLANES!
Old 08-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Rat1

ORIGINAL: TOPGUNNER

do you have any experience flying a RC Plane??
This would be a question we would need answered before we could help in your choice of a plane. I know the stryker is not for beginners to start out on.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:37 PM
lotrusty

no i am new to flying, because i do rc cars and now im thinking about rc planes, but i dont want a low end one because that is all i will have for a while
Old 08-20-2004, 08:35 PM
lwien

Hey, forevernight.......

I noticed in your sig that you went from an Outlaw to a SlowStick............

How was the transition from 2 channel to 3 channel...........? Did ya pick it up pretty quick?

Reason I'm askin, is that I've also been flying around an Outlaw for a few weeks. Feeling really comfortable with it now, and just about to make the 3 channel leap with either a Slow Stick or Slow V...........and I'm not planning on taking any lessons.................
Old 08-20-2004, 09:14 PM
powerlines

Try a Shock flyer. Just keep the rates low and this thing is a blast to fly. I have been flying one in my SMALL back yard. 1/4 acre. Trees all over the place. I got the 3D Power set but it did not last long.. Not with my flying. Under and over powerlines and going through the carport and such.. LOL

LATER
Old 08-21-2004, 12:13 AM
foreverNight

ORIGINAL: lwien

Hey, forevernight.......

I noticed in your sig that you went from an Outlaw to a SlowStick............

How was the transition from 2 channel to 3 channel...........? Did ya pick it up pretty quick?

Reason I'm askin, is that I've also been flying around an Outlaw for a few weeks. Feeling really comfortable with it now, and just about to make the 3 channel leap with either a Slow Stick or Slow V...........and I'm not planning on taking any lessons.................

I found it to be really easy.. I actually went from the outlaw to the aerobird challenger. But, if i were to do it again i would get a slowstick. Very easy to build and fly. When i flew my outlaw alot of times i would have to push the stick all the way over to turn. When i first flew the slowstick i noticed you didnt have to push all the way, just slightly and it would turn very easily. Also
having elevator control made a huge diffrence. I recommend the slowstick cuz after you get really good flying 3 ch you can move on to other planes using your gear off the stick. Particularly the GWS models. I currently fly the zero, and I'm using all the same gear that was in my slowstick. Forget the slo-v.... you cant use nothing from it, except maybe the charger. anyway good luck!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:24 AM
TOPGUNNER

i recomend a Slow Stick also....

Good luck and welcome to a new hobby................
Old 08-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Rat1

It all depends on how much money you have to spend then. If you can scrape up about 150 bucks then get the ParkZone Slow V and a 7 cell battery pack for the ParkZone J3 cub. They are a great plane and fly very well out of the box. Oh and everything you need to fly it is in the box ,including the 8 AA batteries for the transmitter. Less then a hour to get it ready to fly and that is reading the manual and charging the battery also. If someone tells you to forget the Slow V then they have not tried to fly one or they are more brand biased like alot of the people that fly gws products. With the 7 cell pack I can get over 10 min of flight time and the extra weight of the 7th cell helps in the wind. Who cares if the equipment can not be transfered unless you crash it hard enough that you need a new plane and then alot of times some of the high dollar equipment can be damaged also. If you master the SlowV then you can step up to a ParkZone Piper Cub J3, once that is mastered then there is the ParkZone F 27 Stryker that will fill the go fast needs. All the parts to the ParkZone stuff can be easily purchased to repair crash damage and allt he parts are very reasonably priced.

It would cost you around 300 dollars at a local hobby store to get a Slow stick and all the needed gear to get it in the air and for that amount of money you can have two parkZone planes in your hanger. If you shop on line then you might beable to get a slow stick and the needed gear for slightly over 200.00.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:04 PM
lotrusty

Hey i was looking at the hobbico superstar ep select and that looks really nice
tell me what you think
Old 08-21-2004, 05:53 PM
foreverNight

i got my cmplete slow stick package including Tx AND charger and battery for 150.00. not 300.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:44 PM
scupking

I would say get a Sky scooter pro II. Its a very good plane to learn on and comes with everything you need for around $150. Then when you want to do some areobatics just put the servo push rods into another hole on the control horns and you can do loops and rolls with out a problem.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:57 PM
Rat1

foreverNight, can you find me a place to pick up a slowstick and everything needed to fly it in one package and see if they will send me one if I send them a money order? If someone can get me a Slow Stick and everything needed without needing a credit card then I will buy one myself and give it a try.

I was at the hobby store again today and they have a slow stick but they insist that it is going to cost me another 250 in electronics to get it in the air. They say that is the absolute least it will cost me.

I am not a rich man and just can not swing the cost of one of these higher end transmitters.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:46 PM
lwien

Hey Rat,

Actually, you can get a SS with all the electronics for $108.00 here :

http://www.gwsexpert.com/product_inf...45768ae668f14f

Add in the GWS xmitter from the same place for another 50 bucks, and you're in a whole SS package for $158 bucks.....

So even though you got a SV, you're still gonna get an SS ?? From what I've heard, both these planes fly just about the same............Greg here said he couldn't tell the difference between them.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Rat1

Why not get a Slow Stick also. It would just be another plane to play with. I do love my Slow V but I might want to upgrade motors or something later and this makes the Slow Stick inviting. I may have to add some reinforcment to the wings to keep them from folding up though.

I have been looking at a pico tiger moth and a pico stick also. I am the type to buy lots of toys when the money is there. If you seen what I did before I got into RC and how much I spent on it then you would understand.

[link=http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/snorat02/rlst?.dir=/&.src=ph&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/snorat02/lst%3f%26.dir=/Bemis%2bhill%2bsept%2b2002%26.src=ph%26.view=t]>>>Click here<<<[/link] to see what I am really into. My current toy is the 01 Magnum that I have highly modified. Am also a member of Atvnation.com and Highlifter.com.

I got the links to these RC sites off of some friends on them forums.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:32 AM
foreverNight

I got it on e-bay from this guy------------------>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5915919581 I bought mine like 6 months ago.. for 149.99.. but, i gues he raised his price.
same exact package
Old 08-22-2004, 12:04 PM
Rat1

Lwien, I had emailed them about this package less then a weekago and this is the reply I got in return

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your enquiry. The SlowStick basic kit ($108) comes with everything you need but the transmitter and charger. We separate this 2 components because several customers do have their own transmitters and chargers on their other airplanes. You may add $50 to get our T4AII transmitter and add $45 for the charger.

Thank you,
Jerry
GWSExpert.com

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: Enquiry from GWSExpert.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 19:25:59 -0700 (PDT)
To: "GWSExpert.com" <[email protected]>

Slow stick package.

I was looking at your slowstick package for 108.00. Is this everything needed to get the plane in the air or do I have to buy anything else?

What would it cost to get this plane and everything needed to fly it without breaking the bank?

So to buy from them would put it at over 200.00 for the package and everything needed to put it in the air.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:38 PM
lwien

You don't need to buy the charger, Rat.........You can use the one that came with your Slow-V............
Old 08-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Dr Kiwi

Why all the discussion on Slow Stick, when the original request was for a 3-channel AEROBATIC model?

Try here for a REAL aircraft: http://www.mountainmodels.com/

Cheers, Phil
Old 08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
david5272

Dr Kiwi

do you own any of the mountain models? I like the ParkJet.

david5272
Old 08-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Rat1

The main reason for all the Slow stick talk is because the author of this thread has nto flown an RC plane yet and being new to rc flight it would be recomended that he/she begin on something much easier to fly. The more expensive planes willdrain the pocket very quickly when trying to learn to fly for the first time and it may turn him or her off to rc flying totaly.

Start small and work your way up. You will be much happier and have more money in the long run.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:18 PM
david5272

what was the reason for your post Rat1 ?
Old 08-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Rat1

Dr. Kiwi asked
Why all the discussion on Slow Stick, when the original request was for a 3-channel AEROBATIC model?
and I answered why all the talk about Slow Sticks etc. The Slow sticks and similar planes are more of a beginer type plane and will give the new user a chance to learn how to control an RC aircraft before stepping up to a acrobatic type plane or 3D plane. You would take someone that has never been on two wheels and stick them on a Hybusa now would you?