Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Park Zone Slow-V Motor Upgrade? >

Park Zone Slow-V Motor Upgrade?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Park Zone Slow-V Motor Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Park Zone Slow-V Motor Upgrade?

Here is what I did to the Slo-V this week. I put a GWS EPS-400C motor and gear box for $15 on it, with a 10x6 prop. I took the rear plug out and stuck a 1/4" square wood dowel inside the carbon fiber stick for strength. I put 4 pieces of 1/4" brass 90Deg angle around the stick to fill the gap for the motor mount to slide over. I also added the 7 cell battery.

This thing flys like my brother's GWS Slo-Stick (same motor). On high rate at half throttle it does some very tight loops. I got my brother's Slo-Stick to fly inverted for a few seconds but I have not tried the Slo-V yet.
I think more experimentation with this bird will be fun.

Van
Old 09-14-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Park Zone Slow-V Motor Upgrade?

VShagios,

Wow. You went whole hog on your motor upgrade and got it cheaper than mine. You should have no problem flying inverted. With my GWS 350 I can fly for a long time inverted with no loss of altitude. Takes a little getting used to but not that much. I would jump up to an 1147 prop as long as your new motor and gear box system is rated for it. The 350 has no problems with it at all and it climbs like mad. Even using the 6-cell battery pack I got good flight performance including inverted flight.