Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:53 PM
Loubud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

No need to rush on the lipos. The price should be low from now one. The Align motor is around forty bucks right now with some new models around the corner. The 35 amp esc is $55 on ebay and a 3300kv motor is $44. They make 2 motor sizes. L and S. It referrs to magnet size. L is longer than the S. Obvious to some. Now and then the gearbox is available. It comes in 3.3 to 1 and 3.8 to 1. I'm going to get it the next time I find it. Run it in the Dog and see what happens. Or a pair of these on the Zagi! I'd toss it once and never see it again.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:57 PM
AgCat1982

The thing is, the new Li-Pos with high discharge are higher than the older ones! I want to know if those on that web site are any good! These bigger motors have to have the higher discharge rates to work, or use more than one together. That's why I want to check those.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:59 PM
Loubud

Ok. We'll have to wait a bit then. Might be a couple of months.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:19 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

for those of you who like photos, here are a couple of the parkzone mustang and some of the planes in our 'museum' (hope you can see them ok)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70049.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	283326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54344.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	283327   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xc79270.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	283328   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93490.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	283329  
Old 06-11-2005, 08:02 AM
RayRay

Hi Pappy,

I really enjoyed your SkyDive video. It was interesting watching your expressions before the jump at 1000, 5000, 8000 and 10,000 feet. The music that Brent used for your video was more than approprpiate since you have to have real big BALLS to skydive.

You were awesome and I now take back everything I said about you being "yellow" before your Omei maiden. Great job [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]

"No Fear"

Tailwind
Old 06-11-2005, 08:19 AM
RayRay

Sticks,

Congrats on your Stryker maiden. Pretty fast, eh? What color did you paint her? Different colors on the top and bottom make for better orientation.

Doug - I flew someone's PZ P51 Mustang last Sunday. I was at the field flying my Stryker when this guy walks over with his brand spanking new Mustang. He explained that this was his first time flying and if I wouldn't mind getting it the sky for him. Wow! My lucky day.
I tossed her up on low rates, clicked in some elevator and off she went. After she was trimmed, I cut throttle to watch for nose drop -- none!. Without throttle, I eased a right turn to check for wing stall -- hardly any!. I turned the Tx over to its owner and watched him make wide left and right turns. The flight ended with a "hard landing" resulting in a broken cowl/prop but that's all part of the learning curve with newbies.
Overall, this plane is BOSS! Can't wait to see it again.

Doug, your going to have a blast flying your Mustang.

Have fun,

Tailwind
Old 06-11-2005, 10:13 AM
CaptainRandy

Hey RayRay,

Thanks for the Thumbs up. Next time you go up in a plane.......... JUMP!
Old 06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
Loubud

Hi All,
Hazy asked me if I wanted to do some dog fighting with the slow sticks later on this afternoon. I'm thinking it'll be fun so I said ok. Hazy disappears and I continue building the stick plane. I hear some rustling over by the spare parts bin I see Hazy mounting one of Wifey's hand guns to the top of the SS wing.[X(] Needless to say the dog fight has been canceled.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:14 PM
AgCat1982

My MAN HAZY!
Old 06-11-2005, 03:17 PM
iflyatcae

Wont be long before I get my stuff in and get flyin. I know so far I've been all talk, but soon things will change. Im headed out tuesday for indianapolis and get back thursday. I should have all the stuff then. Im getting it as a b-day present, but I dont know if I'll get it before or after the weekend (my bday is on the 20, a monday, and we get back the thursday before, if i get it back before the weekend, that equals flying). I'll keep me fingers crossed.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:26 PM
AgCat1982

Good luck and HAPPY BIRTHDAY soon, Sundance Kid!!!![sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 06-11-2005, 03:37 PM
AgCat1982

Due to all my computer troubles I let my RCU anniversary slip by! It was 11 days ago for my ONE Year at RCU. I am not a rookie here anymore!
Old 06-11-2005, 03:38 PM
Loubud

Happy Birthday Sundance. Same day as my daughter.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:51 PM
Loubud

Happy Anniversary Sticks.

Lancer notes.
That's the name of the stick plane I'm trying to build. I removed all the dehidral from the wing and modified the tail wing. I'll need to change the rudder for better airflow too. I'm thinking this plane won't resemble the picture on the box. And tho the box says that it WILL fly, it also said to follow the instructions exactly. So we'll see. I'm adding ailerons too.
Slipper notes.
She's still missing.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:58 PM
AgCat1982

Thanks Lou and good luck on your plane! I am trying to find a way to put my vids on the computer. Wifey let me down! She was in Jonesboro where my son is and was supposed to bring stuff from him that would let me do it. She forgot her phone and had daughters phone and didn't tell me! Gas is too high to make two, unnecessary, trips that are fifty five miles one way! I would have had to make only one trip to take it back. Wifey, wifey, wifey. [][][] Wifey never forgets her golf clubs!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:31 PM
afineman

Alrighty All

Here is the maiden of the GWS Spitfire http://users.adelphia.net/~afineman/

Don't let the video fool you, I was not having fun, it did not fly like I expected.
All the controls seem to have a delayed action, I expected the controls to be sharp they weren't.

I took 20 min to get this 3.30 video, Howard/Kyle were no available so my Lovely wife did the video for me.
She is NO Kyle, BUT I still love her anyways.

Enjoy

Brent
Old 06-11-2005, 08:21 PM
AgCat1982

Looks good, Hollywood. Do you know why the controls were sluggish?

Your wife didn't do too bad at all!

I wish I could get someone to vid my stuff more often. Brother can't most of the time and he is nervous with the camera.

You still haven't said whether my differential post made any sense. If it did not make any sense I need to word it different for others who may be reading it.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:30 PM
afineman

Hey Sticks

Thanks for the [sm=thumbup.gif] on the video.

Of course I got what you were saying, but where you didn't know if this was applicable to the Spitfire, I tried RSGroups.

I ended up going the with 50/50.

Thanks for the input

Brent
Old 06-11-2005, 09:00 PM
iflyatcae

thanks guys. my one year is comin up too
Old 06-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey Brent, nice flying, shame the plane was sluggish. i've got the parkzone mustang all ready to fly now - the esc wire in particulat was too short to attach the battery, but it's plent long enough now. the motor is a 480 in a gb (don't know the ratio), and the bat is 10.8 but it doesn't seem too powerful, suprisingly enough after the f27 motor with a 9.6v bat which screams. the ailerons don't move much on low rates and there are no control horns, just wires attaching to the ailerons and the servo/s is hidden away in the wing. hope high rates is ok. i wanted a plane rtf because i haven't had time to build since winter finished, but i think this one could do with a brushless motor. anyway i'll see how it flys next week. looks like the rainy season has started, not sure if i can fly the glow plane this afternoon, probably not. maiden next week. i had a thought that the month of rain is going to stop me flying some days, although it wasn't too bad last year, but i'll build the gws corsair instead. will be talking with you about that Brent.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:15 PM
AgCat1982

Hollywood, I understood what you did and why, you just didn't say anything about the post and I didn't know if I made any sense. That's the only reason I kept asking. I knew I couldn't exactly answer as to whether or not to use it, but, you also asked why it was used. I wanted it to make sense to others who might read it.

Old 06-11-2005, 10:40 PM
carlf
My Feedback: (1)

Hi all,

Doc, Spitfire looks good. Thank wifey for bringing the fun back for us all to see!

Sticks, nice to hear about the success you had with the Stryker. I’ve got a stupid question. for you. I'm asking because I don't know much about planes and in answering me it might help you figure out what is up with your Cub, maybe not, we’ll see.

Here goes, As the amount of dihedral provided increases (more angle), is less aileron surface required to turn a plane? I’m wondering this, would you need to increase your aileron surface area as a result of reducing (or eliminating) the dihedral. Seem the ratio maybe out of kilter.

RayRay, I haven’t gotten Captain’s AMA disc in the mail yet. Did you get to send it yet?
Also, did you get any photos you can post of the plane you just flew in?

I’ve been rebuilding my Badus and setting it up so it will be brushless. The motor (a 400T) is so light I’m having trouble getting the CG to work out. Everything except the servos are way up in the nose and it looks like I am going to have to add some weight to the nose.

Hopefully I can do a maiden wit it soon.
Old 06-11-2005, 11:22 PM
AgCat1982

Hi there carl. Thanks! I am open for any input that might get me thinking. I started with all the dihedral as it was from the factory and the plane would not turn. That's when I removed it. My Clod Hopper flew just fine with no dihedral. The dihedral is there to help keep the plane level in flight when controls are neutral and to let the rudder do the turning. High dihedral causes a plane to want to level out. The weight of the fuse is lower than the wing tips so it trys to swing back level. The cub SHOULD turn with these ailerons. The really strange thing was that the faster I got, the less control I had! I had to slow down to do any controling and prevent a catastrophic mishap!

The plane seems to check out correct for the cg, but, when flying it appears to be tail heavy! I haven't been stumped like this before. Each time I fly it I think it will be the last flight due to a bad crash.

I had to repair the wing mount from yesterdays flips and haven't been able to check anything else yet.

If all else fails and the plane is still flyable, I am going to put larger ailerons on it.

When I get the videos ready you will see that I have been flying it. Just barely! I had a pretty long flight the last time I flew it with the 400F motor, but, you will see in the vid that I didn't have it under control. It just kept getting further away and would not come back. The tail was hanging low, I could turn it some, barely, but it would work out for some reason to not want to come back! It would swing around to me and then some wind would swing it away from me! I don't know if my typing shows it, but I am frustrated!

This new motor and battery will literally try to pull the cub straight up out of my hands! You have to hold tight to keep from loosing it! I JUST CAN'T STEER IT!

The first flight, yesterday, I screwed up and had the flaperons on without knowing it. I just knew that was why it wasn't turning to the left (it would turn right). I noticed there was very little movement of the ailerons when in flaperon setting. So, I turned it off and tried again, but no luck. Until I slowed it down I couldn't turn and when I slowed it some, the tail dropped and it appeared to be hanging on the prop!

Has ANYONE ELSE ever flown this plane?
Old 06-12-2005, 01:11 AM
Pilot Ray

Hi agcatsbest,
I have some ideas that might give you a lead in solving your cub plane control problems.
A couple of important things that could cause a tail heavy type situation;
1] Too small horizontal tail wing (if its too small it will not create enough lift at rear of plane and will act like a tail heavy plane).
2] Incorrect mounted angle of either the main wing or the horizontal tail wing (main wing mounted with the leading edge up too high or the horizontal tail wing mounted with the leading edge down too low). Either of these could cause a tail heavy type of flight.

A couple of important things that could cause sluggish turning at higher speeds;
1] Main wing leading edge made a little too thick.
2] Incorrect mounted angle of the main wing (main wing mounted with the leading edge up too high ).
Having either condition of 1] or 2] could cause the air to deflect away from the main wing surface at higher speeds of which causes the ailerons to not receive enough air flow pressure to allow for strong turning.
A possible secondary effect of any of the above conditions can also cause excessive drag on the plane. A less than optimum wing angle alignment (from front to back wing surface angle when in mounted position) can cause drag on the plane and make it act like it has an under powered motor.

There are other things that might cause the cub to fly like that, but I tend to think the problem with your plane could be one of those problems. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Pilot Ray
Old 06-12-2005, 01:58 AM
Airbourne in Japan

just opened the gws corsair box and examined all the stuff. it's a really nice kit and best of all only cost $30 as a slope glider. the wing and fus are much nicer than the me109 and also i've got my experience of that plus Brent already has this. been raining all day so i'm just about to sip a beer and get started with this after. looks like a quick build. who else is going to get this ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.