Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Aj, Got me on the Rimfire. All I did was yank the old wire off.[&:]
Wait, I have another one here, I'll take a photo of the back and you can see.
Yep on the 9y motor, found a loose solder joint on one of the esc to winding leads. Will check the other first, before sending it out.

Carl/Sray.
PM me the dummies guide to the camera, I downloaded the software, took some shots and that's about where I'm at. If I open up ops20, and try and open camera, all I get is no device detected. Camera powered up or not same thing. ??????????????????????
Old 09-03-2006, 05:27 PM
omeiwon

GG. ON CVS cam # 1 unlock camera # 2 open camera ,that should do it .4 ya

Old 09-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Glacier Girl

Aj, hope these help. Looks like a lot of winds. Wye or Delta I'm not sure.
1000 kv and it's got the muscle to spin an 11x4.7 with ease.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68328.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	518397   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31689.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	518398  
Old 09-03-2006, 05:30 PM
omeiwon

OK ! [X(] Now this is JUST GOING OVER THE top .
http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/newdevelopment.html
Old 09-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Glacier Girl

omei,
Nope didn't work. Click on "unlock" and it says "open camera".
Click on open camera and I get "Couldn't find camcorder"????????????
Does camera need to be turned on???????????????
Old 09-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

hey Lou, for the first time ever the cub is packed in the car and if the wind stays down should get maidened today. should finish the multiplex twin jet hopefully today. just got the escs to solder and put the motors in. this is one nice looking plane. i haven't re-enforced the wing so i hope it will be ok. there is a vid (poor quality) of some guys in Germany who put a real turbine on one of these planes. hey dudes who were at GGs, sounds like a lot of fun. sorry to hear you didn't get the chance to maiden the p38 GG. i want to get one of these rafaels. i took a look at my raptor kit and it does indeed have wings, really nicely made foam sandwich. however i want a ducted fan rafael which should be out later http://www.x-flight.hk/e/products/pr...=XFP-DF-REFALE they also have a .46 glow thunderbolt which i'm interested in http://www.x-flight.hk/e/products/pr...c=ESM-G50-A011
Old 09-03-2006, 05:47 PM
ktaylor

Brad, me or AJ? Photo won't do much. I'll just wing it, see how much wire I can manage to wrap around it. It's only rated for 11 amp continous and 15 amp surge in the stock config, and with a kv of 1000 I'm guessing it's a "y" would be pretty hard to get it set up as a delta and have the kv that low. I'll go ahead and solder the leads back on that you sent with it then Carl can change over to what he needs for connectors.

Carl, I'm looking at the rimfire that GG sent here, Only guessing, but is the stator all the way at the end of it's mount? If it is, it's needs to be pushed back in. I'd take a pic, but my cam doesn't do well with small stuf. Hmm,, my cam corder doesn't do too bad on stills, lemme try that. ok that worked.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88922.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	518411  
Old 09-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Loubud

Carl,
Whadda ya mean "carnage? Only will happen if Sray screws up with the DC-3. Not to worry tho, I have a new wing for it.
Doug,
You mean todays the day? It should fly very well for you. Also, Raidentech has a gasser P-47. Maybe Tendani has them too. All the Warbirds I have are gassers soon the be electric.
Oh, I got the little motors the other day. I forgot to tell you. As it stands right now, I don't have a use for them and worse, I'm not sure what they are. Did you tell me MPJet? One has a blue can and the other is black. Also, the resistance when trurning the shaft on them it appears they have different resistance. One is a bit harder to turn that the other. Tel me what these little gems are.
Thanks.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:02 PM
Loubud

Hey Carl,
If I wind up getting a used U-Haul I may not paint it. Most of them out this way have painted on them 55 MPH maximum speed. Now that part I'll repaint to say "Max speed 108 MPH'. That will keep me from getting pulled over.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hi Lou, they are arc 110 watt motors, one used once and one used twice. i got them from liteflight http://lightflightrc.com/ you can put them in gws gearboxes and they should work fine. i've got 2 planes with the 130 watt motors in gws gearboxes and they fly fine
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Loubud

Thanks Doug. I'll read the specs now.
Elaine went to get the rest of your care packge and I screwed up and gave her some bad info. Also, GF2 has the engines you sent him just about ready. Is it ok if he sends them here and I ship everything out at one time? If so, then they get sent out next week as this week we'll be on a mini vacation to see my Aunt. Just state your pleasure. Cheaper to send it all at once.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Stingray69

GG,

The pc doesn't recognize the cam and I believe it hasn't got the driver configured. Plug in your cam. Go to your windows control panel, system, hardware, device manager. Look for the device with the yellow "?", it's probably the camera. DOuble click that device, then click the driver tab, then update driver. Direct it to look for the driver here

c:\Program Files\Camcorder Kit20\Drivers\libusb-win32device-bin-0.1.10.1\bin

click ok. That should do it. Sorry but that's as simple as I can put it.

If you still can't get it done. If you have msn or windows messenger perhaps I can give you remote assistance later tonight or tomorrow. You may also call me if it'll help. I'll pm my number to you upon request.

Sray
Old 09-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Loubud

Hey Dougie.
These don't look too bad. Did you try a gearbox? I might try this on the flattie Elaine got me. It came with a brushed motor and the plane should fly best a little nose heavy. I'll check my spares ans see if I have a gearbox that'l fit.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Stingray69

GG

Lou, pay attention

If the pesky "found new hardware" screen appears when you plug the cam in. You can tell it where to find the driver right then. In the location of my last post. That should get it in order too.

Edit: Elaine #1

Sray
Old 09-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Airbourne in Japan

hey Lou, it's up to you if you want GF to send the motors to you. either way, you guys let me know how much the shipping is and i'll paypal you both. Lou, i only used the motors in the ducted fans of the a10. it did fly but was marginal on power. as i said, i put arc 130 motors in the cleverboy and the p40 and they both flew really well, i was suprised, so if your flatty has a stick mount, it should be ok. also they don't draw much current in a gb so you can use a small bat and esc
Old 09-03-2006, 06:41 PM
Loubud

Doug,
We'll do the one shipment to you. And that way it's just included in my care package and we're still even. The flattie is set up for a gearbox. The wed site says a 300 GWS with adapter works but it seems to line up well with the 280 gearbox and I have those. If it doesn't work out, I'll send them to Sray for his flatties that he and his son build. They can just make a plane to fit the motor size. At the moment I have all that I need for the flattie and even tho Elaine knows that putting the motor and electronics in the new warbirds will be a tad expensive, I don't want to spend extra bucks on the flattie. I don't have small brushless esc's laying around. I might be able to sneak a cheapie esc in but I don't want Elaine to freak out. Her credit card isn't black, only a 50K limit.

Sray, I haven't tested the cam out yet. I guess I should so you don't have to repeat what you just said. Check out the link Doug sent on the ARC motor and tell me if it fit's your planes.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Stingray69

Lou,

Just save this page in your favorites,

Insatll the software before plugging in the cam, then review the driver location from this page for when windows asks where to find it.

Sray
Old 09-03-2006, 06:53 PM
Loubud

Thanks Sray,
Go to www.lightflightrc.com and check the arc 110 motor. Tell me if you can use it.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Stingray69

Lou

I don't have anything geared, Any idea what will it spin without a gear box.

Sray
Old 09-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Stingray69

Lou

I have a gws gearbox from the SS i didn't use. Don't have anything for it now. I'll suppose I could buy something to put it on soon.

Sray
Old 09-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Loubud

Sray,
No clue but Someone out there can figure it out. I usually bug Ken about prop sizes but he's out of RC now and works for Maytag.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:18 PM
gunfighterII

Lou,
Send that Maytag guy over here, I'm having problems with mine.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:28 PM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Hey guys:

Well we just got home and unpacked and I see I have MANY pages to read (later). You all have been busy, haven't you?

First, I must say a BIG thanks to Brad and Jean who were excellent hosts for the fly-in. You made us all feel welcome (even the dogs , who, BTW, slept the whole way home, came in, Lay down and are still asleep). Thanks again for everything -I really hope we can return the favors someday. In the meantime, thanks.

It was so good to meet GG, Brent, Howard, Judith and Mark, and hope we can get together again soon.

It was a great time (as I am sure you all know from all of the posts), and we have 2 new OFFICIAL members of the Badius Club - GG and 5String (despite the 'patented' 5String landing technique) they both flew my (stock) Badius. These were its last flights stock, as it is about to receive a b/l motor and lipos (which it now has, thanks to GG). Even Hollywood flew it (getting back to his roots, and commented how "underpowered" it was

Speaking of Hollywood, he put on two fantastic flying demonstrations with the P-51. If any of you are thinking of a bigger size plane (as I am now), then the P-51 should be at the top of the list - it was just superb, as was his flying.

Many thanks to Mark (5String) for letting me fly his Stryker (despite the fact that I had to rescue him several times, he managed to learn quite well) Actually, it was him rescuing me (that is the fastest plane I have flown to date) and there were a couple of "close calls", but Mark saved the day (and HIS plane) and it landed where it was supposed to, and in one piece.

I brought 3 planes to the party: The Badius, my Flix 3D (which I now call "twitchy" as it was ALMOST uncontrollable, except by Hollywood, who flew the snot out of it He toned it down for me, and I will practice on it. It is a fantastic little aerobatic plane, and I am looking forward to really flying it well (with a LOT of practice). The third was my flying (actually NON-flying Hyperwing). What a POS [:'(] Despite all of us fooling with it, it would not fly. Gonna rip the 'tronics out and trade the airframe to 5S (to henceforth be known as "full Thrust" ) for Mugi (his idea)

I have 130+ photos, and a few (low quality) videos, so whoever wants a copy PM me your addy and I will send you a CD.

5String: do I remember if you said you had the $3 servos from bidproduct (or does anyone else?) I need servos, and if they are good I am gonna order a bunch. Need recommendations from those of you using them?

Also wondering about their b/l ESC's... anybody using them?

Hope everyone is doing well... now I am gonna go back and start reading..

later

Terry

Edit: my bad spelling [:@]
Old 09-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Loubud

GF2,
I'm betting Kate sucks at washing machine repair and that he gets one from Sears right after his raise.

Terry,
Sounds like you guys all had fun. Need more flight reports and especiall the behind the seens stuff. Oh. Did anyone find Hay's stash? And is he on his way home yet?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:43 PM
Stingray69

Terry,

Post a few of the good pics. The $3 servos worked fine in the nasty build this weekend. Just order the servo horn kit for .20 cents ea (bottom of the list) with the 9g black ones because they only ship with the mini horns. I wouldn't use them in an expensive build.

I have 3 of their 18 and 20 amp esc and they have proven reliable.

Sray

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.