Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The All New MAGSTICK!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The All New MAGSTICK!

I just took my newly built Magpie by Mountain Models out for a spin today and was very impressed. Compared to the slow stick it was a bit quicker
and didn't have the "float-in" landings like the Slow Stick. But... now I have an idea. What if I stuck the wing from my Slow Stick on the Magpie? It's name...
the MagStick! What do ya'll think? I'll give it a test flight tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65758.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	234507  
Old 02-25-2005, 04:11 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: The All New MAGSTICK!

looks like it should work great
Old 02-25-2005, 07:22 PM

Took it for a test flight and it flew great! I think I like it better than the slow stick as it has the wing to give it great lift, but
a nice solid body instead of thin aluminum with wires dangling everywhere. But I will say, I found some very interesting threads
last night that involved making planes using [link=http://http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=15346-46086-CP-14-LOW&pad=true]Bluecor fanfold insulation[/link].

I could care less what my plane looks like. I simply want something that can get up there and preferably float around while taking pictures. Now that
I've discovered Bluecor, I know I'll be making a plane with it somewhere down the road.

ANYWAY... if anyone out there has a Magpie and a Slowstick, I highly recommend trying the slowstick wing on it.

Old 02-25-2005, 10:45 PM

The guy that helps me learn when I need help with something always brings the same plane. He said it was insulation core. It looks like alot of blue cardboard glued together with electronics coming out of it. He doesn't really have an airfoil on it though, the motor just drags the rest of the plane with it. However, he says that he likes it even though it is really ugly, and says that its a good aerobatic plane, which I can attest to.