Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Newbe needs help!

Old 03-01-2005, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbe needs help!

Hi all, I have been flying gas and nitro for a few years now, and now I'd like a little park flyer to be able to through around on a lazy day. I have a good radio so no RTF would do, and the cheaper the better. I was thinking of GWS's Slow Stick or J-3 Stick, what is the difference with the pico stick? Then for the electronics, I would go with the great planes 5ch Receiver with 30amp esc, and two CS-12 servos. How would that work. Thanks.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:27 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Newbe needs help!

remember those rudder airplanes do poorly in the wind. I know you dont want a rtf but Im exactly like you looking for the same thing, after tons of reaserch im buying the space scooter which looks like a great airplane. Hope this helps.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:29 PM

That is no problem to me, but any advice on my possible choices?
Old 03-01-2005, 08:41 PM

well with your experience maybe a gws war bird might be the thing your looking for
www.gwsexpert.com
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 PM

Tomcat_AL200

If you are truly looking for lazy park flying the Slow Stick is the plane for you.

Tomcat_AL200 the Pico Stick is a indoor type of the Slow Stick

As for electronics, go with the Hitec feather ($23-$29) it is 4 ch and good for 1000 feet + (all the range you will ever need in a park flier).
Servos can be the hitec 55 or even the knock offs ($15-$19)

I believe ( others may differ) the stock 300 motor is the best option if you are staying with a brushed motor.

I'm going to get beaten up here but I use this ESC on all my brushed planes http://www.raidentech.com/spcoforrarec.html if you add 1 small filtering cap on the 5 volt BEC line the occasional glitch goes away, and also the MOSFETS are $2.43 at Newark electronics. This esc has a spot for 2 more MOSFETs bringing it up to 40 amps.

The GWS war birds was also a good recommendation, but to start out with you only want the Corsair, it is the best of the bunch when it comes to your first GWS war bird. This can use the exact same equipment as the Slow Stick

Hope it helps
Old 03-01-2005, 10:36 PM

Or a GWS E-Starter. A nice little cruisin' cessna...........
Old 03-01-2005, 10:50 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Mabey I am biased but I think an E-FLITE GYPSY would be a good one, It's gorgeous, and it's arf. I had one, LOVED it !!!