Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Aerobird Xtreme Engine Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Xtreme Engine Mods

I followed some of the posts on here and put the tieraps around the engine to hold in place. Well, I am glad I did, recently I flaired a little too much on landing, nosed up, stalled and did the 15ft nose in death dive. I noticed both of my zipties had snapped! Pretty good amount of force on those crashes eh? Just thought I'd pass the story along, save a few engine mounts for the nubs. Anyone had anything like this happen to them?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aerobird Xtreme Engine Mods

Be it a Commander, Challenger or Extreme....it's going to happen at some point...and in my case, happens on a regular basis! Those tie-wraps earn their money that's for sure. I put mine around the part of the fuse molding that hugs the motor by cutting small rectangles of plastic out at the top and bottom and then threading the tie-wrap in one loop left to right..over and right to left. That way the ventilation holes are still open. I only crashed by first HZ plane once before it became clear that they were not only neccessary but the lack of them is fatal!