Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

greatplanes triton charger dead!... what the?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

greatplanes triton charger dead!... what the?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Maine_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default greatplanes triton charger dead!... what the?

only had it for 3 weeks, loved it too ... no voltage output, all other functions seems to be working except if I unplug the batt while on charge the "no batt" alarm does not trigger and it just keep ticking up mahs even though there is no output??.. anyone have any trouble with their's?? dang thing is brand new!.. tower won't just replace it, they are making me send it to hobby services.. while I go without a charger for my lipos[&o] that sucks!

if anyone knows what could be wrong, I'd appreciate a shout out..

thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 09:19 AM
billz

Default RE: greatplanes triton charger dead!... what the?

Sorry I don't have the answer for you but can say I had a similar experience. I had my Triton charger for about 3 months, working great, really love it. Then one day it was completely dead - wouldn't power on or anything. I did send it to Hobby Services and they are very good at turning it around. I had mine back within a week.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:26 AM
MinotRich

Did it come with an owners manual, and did you read it? Not trying to be a smartass here, but sounds to me that if you have no output maybe there is a blown fuse. Read the manual and see if this could be your problem. I don't own this charger myself, but this is just my thought...
Old 06-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Maine_Flyer

minotrich, yup read it cover to cover and memorized the menu spread sheet that came with it.. no reset nor fuse... I did test the functions for proper working order.. and if one unplugs the batt while in charge mode, it should cut power to output and sound an audible alarm and screen should say "no batt" error... it doesn't.. charge current on the screen fluxuates wildly but no output current at all zippo, nada, ziltch...

seemed like such a nice unit too.. pretty bummed if it's gonna be a flakey piece..

oh well, in the mail she goes and an astro 109 is on order... shoulda listened to those who know..

thanks for your thoughts Rich
Old 06-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Maine,
No output at battery connection? Did you by chance check further back to see if maybe it was just a bad connection? Did you try more than 1 pack on it?
Just for S's & G's, did you check power pack for it, maybe it went south.