Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 AM
leondwyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone P-51 Preflight check list and Launch tips

If you want to check the Center of Gravity for the plane it's located 70 mm from the leading edge on the wing
To test:
This make no sense to me - if I measure 70mm back from the leading edge of the wing - there is know wing left, unless you measure from the tip of the wing - but that is not right - a CG from the spinier would make sense to me but that does not even come close to the wing either.

can some one give me CG from the spinner
Old 10-05-2005, 10:33 PM
L0stS0ul

Just checked it again. It's 70 mm from the leading edge of the wing. That's just about 3 inches back from the leading edge of the wing. Don't know how much clearer I can make that.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:15 AM
L0stS0ul

Ok I recommended buying some spare props in my original post. Well after well over 60 flights I have never once broken a prop. Maybe it's because I bought 2 extra spares but I've never broken one on landing.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:51 PM
stapia

Hello All
I was just wondering what can you do to counter torque during launch? I have parkzone j-3 cub experience (which is easiest handlaunch i've seen) , but this p-51 mustang handlaunch is quite difficult. On just my 1st launch, left roll and nose crash, the spinner cracked in half, 2nd launch massive left spiral again and nose-first crash. After that, I just stopped, figuring I wasn't doing it right. Also, there was no wind that day (which didn't help).

Is there a way to counter torque? Does a brushless motor and lipo really ease launching?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 11:03 AM
flyingace451

Yeah 70mm back from the leading edge of the wing is pretty clear. If you have less than 70mm of wing than you obviously haven't done any repairs after your last crash.

Ok, I'll try and spell it out for you.
1)Measure with the plane inverted so that you can see the area where the wing meets the body
2)use some form of measuring to measure either 70mm or exactly 2.8 inches from the point where the wing meets the fuse. Measure on both sides of the fuse to make it easy
3)pencil in a mark on the wing at both points
4)adjust electronics until your CG matches the pencil marks.

If you can't understand that than there is definately something wrong with your plane...or something else.

Most new guys to parkzone's "faster" planes (WWII planes, Stryker) don't realize how firmly you actually have to throw the plane to launch it. It isn't just a "toss"...these planes need SPEED to stay flying.