Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

help finding a new plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help finding a new plane

well I'm looking for a new plane. I want something that has ailerons. i don't have the money for li-pos or brush less motors. whats a good next plane for me? i know how to fly ailerons and i don't want a RTF plane.

Billy
Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 PM

Default RE: help finding a new plane

One that I like is the GWS E-Starter
Old 07-11-2005, 05:29 PM

Maybe go a step up from the e-starter and look at the GWS funny park...a good low wing plane and lots of fun. Just don't expect 3d performance...it's more about tootling around the sky, doing some LOW'n'SLOW passes around your friends - type of flying.

It was dependable, stressless flying... Still makes me smile thinking about it.....
Old 07-11-2005, 06:10 PM

My vote is for the E-Starter. Bought the one with the 350 motor and flew great on 2s1200 lipos. Was a bit tail heavy and from build treads I've read the ones with 400s are jnose heavy. Good luck in your search.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:07 PM
My Feedback: (1)

The Mountain Models Dandy Sport.

This plane flys as gentle as a GWS Tiger Moth (pico) only it isn't underpowered. When you are tired of the sport wing, for an extra $20 you can get the GT wing and it becomes an awesome aerobatic flyer. They have a real nice video on their web site and it flys as advertised. Especially on a brushed motor power system and Nimh batteries this plane flys great. It is very light - about 14 oz auw.

I hate to say this but, I do not recommmend the Funny Park. My experience was not real good. It was under powered, rolls terrible and loops like a brick. Though I will say this, it is a very tuff plane. With lot's of power - this plane might be fun. If you want a GWS foamy then I would go with the Formosa - never had one but have heard good things about it.

Good Luck!
Old 07-11-2005, 09:00 PM

or the [link=http://www.mountainmodels.com/]Mountain Models [/link] SmoothE (with the SP wing). good power from the stock GWS 350C motor, by no means under powered will do a ROG takeoff in less than 10 feet with the stock setup and climb at a 45 degree angle for as long as you want. and is a very aerobatic plane with good speed but has a landing speed of a fast walk and its relitively tough for a balsa fuselage plane.

heres a picture of my SmoothE
Old 07-12-2005, 12:06 AM

Hmmm,

I've read that more then a few people hate the funny park--Why?... I had nothing but fun with mine (350 motor)....

Alright it is strange (funny??) looking, wont' roll, loops poorly, is not a speed demon, but that's not what it's about......it flies slowly and is stable... a good step up from a SS methinks. Maybe not the ultimate plane, but then again it doesn't profess to be. (Although I did see a video somewhere of a brushless & lipo set up that was ballistic - vertical flight and terrific speed loops, rolls).

As long as you build it light - and keep the motor/ battery pack as far forwards as you can it's fun. If you haven't flown for a few weeks its good to blow the cobwebs away.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:43 PM

i like the comments, i want something thats ARF, and something with alierons

what about the GWS war birds?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:36 AM

Most of the GWS war birds I have dealt with are a little bit on the under power side. I have the F4U Corsair and the ME 109; both were upgraded to brush-less motors because of the lack of power. I will say that I think the F4U survives the occasional crash better but neither fly as easily as the E-Starter. My 1st plane with ailerons was the Formosa, not the best plane to learn ailerons with.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:42 AM

i dont need to learn alierons. i know how to fly them. i learned on a nitro trainer, and i fly my friends foamie. and the battery i have is a 8.4 volt 1100 maH NiMH. and 3 servos, 2 GWS and one Hitec

I like the E-starter and the funny park flyer, can i put floats on both of these?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:30 PM

what foamie does your friend fly? Do you like it or want a better performing one then that?

Dunno about floats on the funny park - might cause too much drag. The TM400 is a bit bigger , more stable and I know it can use floats - but I feel they are a bit underpowered....mine benefitted from a lipo 1500mAh
Old 07-13-2005, 08:36 PM

well he has a su-26 but they stoped making them, he uses a li-po and brushless setup so i cant get one like it.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:22 AM

Hey Namshow,
have you got your new plane yet? What did you chose?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:51 AM

e-starter, ready to fly, with a 8.4 volt battery. awaiting a new prop because the other one broke and my hobby shop didnt have them
Old 07-27-2005, 08:38 PM

Let us know what you think after a few flights...

cheers!
Old 07-31-2005, 01:13 PM

I LOVE THIS PLANE. it is the best plane i have ever flown, im in the middle of buying a brush less motor to put in it and a li-po battery, im sure this plane will have alot more power and be more fun..this will be my first parkflyer with alierons and my first plane with li-pos and brush less motor. cant wait
Old 08-01-2005, 09:58 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Thenameshow,

Wait a minute - you started this post saying you couldn't afford li-pos and brushless! LOL.

Funny how you get hooked once you start having fun and suddenly things aren't so expensive anymore. Such a cruel and vicious hobby this is.
Old 08-01-2005, 10:46 PM

yesterday was my b-day!! and i worked for my dad to get enough money for the li-po and charger. pluse some money from earning merit badges in boy scouts. and all my friends gave me money for my b-day, so i end up having just enough my budget is like 185 and its all going to cost 175, should have everything on saturday