Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Disturbing Trend

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disturbing Trend

I've utilized this website like many people as an excellent resource in making decisions on the purchase of planes and equipment. In the last year I've noticed a disturbing trend in people who post threads or replies to threads where they bash companies and their products rather than rationally telling all of us problems with models and ways to make them better. I've flown models off an on for the last 30 years and I don't know of many models that don't have some problems. All of us should be intelligent enough to make informed decisions on what models to buy by reading these posts and stay away from models that have problems. In reading these posts I see alot of people who purchase models that are above their abilities and then want to complain when things don't work right. When I've received a plane with a problem that was the fault of a manufactuer I've never had a problem with customer service replacing the plane or the part. I'm not associated in any way with any business or company that sells radio control airplanes just one of the silent majority that wants to use this website for what its designed for.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:32 PM

Default RE: Disturbing Trend

Ischilling,

I agree with you entirely. I have been in R/C for about 10 years, and there is nothing worse than reading a post of a new hobbyist bashing a fine product just because it does not work correctly, when you know 9 times out of 10 that it is the lack of know how by the individual and not the product itself. A company would not market a product that is not flyable. So to you Ischilling I tip my hat for brining a good point to the table.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 PM

I agree with you too. Even my favorite plane I own has some off things to it. I think this is something the mods should handle. If you don't think so, let's get a discussion going!!! Most of the bashing comes from just one or two individuals. I wonder if they could be considered trolls. I have never bashed a product. Probably because I haven't really flown enough products to bash any.[8D]

(Ed, where are you?)
Old 08-03-2005, 03:17 PM

I too, agree with you Ischilling, I have only been flying for three months. If it wasn't for Hobbyzone/Parkzone I would not be flying today. I have read many posts from veteran flyers bashing the quality of these entry level planes. What do they expect for $200.00. I'm in the manufacturing industry and i'm amazed at what you get for that price. I think most of the bashers fly planes beyond their abilities. Even real airplanes have limitations. It's cool when folks post problems they have with their planes or gear, but bashing a company because you crash your new plane is not cool.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:39 PM

If it wasn't for Hobbyzone/Parkzone I would not be flying today.
I'm right there with you!! THANK YOU HOBBY ZONE!!! (I don't have a PZ plane yet. But, Christmas shall bring home my new baby)
Old 08-04-2005, 03:23 AM

Hi All

Some of us who are old enough to remember building Balsa RPV and the time and energy will remember the Maiden well.
these EPP foam craft are Excellent
what i will say is that if i were a manufacturer i would be looking in the forums for ways to improve the product,
my latest Rant was waiting 4 months for a Stryker Fuse !
i feel fully justified in voicing my Opinion

Cadetman
Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 AM
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: lschilling

I've utilized this website like many people as an excellent resource in making decisions on the purchase of planes and equipment. In the last year I've noticed a disturbing trend in people who post threads or replies to threads where they bash companies and their products rather than rationally telling all of us problems with models and ways to make them better. I've flown models off an on for the last 30 years and I don't know of many models that don't have some problems. All of us should be intelligent enough to make informed decisions on what models to buy by reading these posts and stay away from models that have problems. In reading these posts I see alot of people who purchase models that are above their abilities and then want to complain when things don't work right. When I've received a plane with a problem that was the fault of a manufactuer I've never had a problem with customer service replacing the plane or the part. I'm not associated in any way with any business or company that sells radio control airplanes just one of the silent majority that wants to use this website for what its designed for.
I agree with you, but would like to add something to what you posted. Some of the problems also come from expecting too much from what you bought. Paying less then $200.00 for a complete system, is going to get you a package that flies. Expecting rocket like speeds, acrobatics, and any wind condition flying, isn't going to happen. You get what you pay for.
One of the great things about the forums is taking a mediocre bird and building it into what you wanted it to do. The sharing of hints/tips from those who made it better. Getting your help for free and the saving of grief and $$$ is tremendous. Beating on the bird or mfg's because it's not up to your expectations, isn't right. But passing out info on correcting known defects will make everyones experiences better. Me, I love taking a pure stock bird and rethrashing it to make it even better. That's what this hobby is about, being different. Could you imagine if there would even be R/C sites if everyone flew the same bird, with the same power plant and battery.
Though I do agree also with the mfg's watching the sites too, it's just good business, no matter how much R&D they do, real world is going to find new problems. Listening to their customers will help them make a better product and more sales for them.
ParkZone has done this, somewhat. The Stryker fuselage has gone through 3 generations of updates, due to owners inputs. It went from a cobbled together 3 piece bird to a one piece better built version, to the latest that has cutouts for hinges, something many owners were doing on their own. And yes they have more room for improvement, parts backorder has always been a problem. But all in all, other then a few whiners who will never be happy, the forums are still the place to go.