Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

PZ Transmitters:Multiple Uses?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

PZ Transmitters:Multiple Uses?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 01:34 PM
EvolPenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PZ Transmitters:Multiple Uses?

I was wondering, can you take a transmitter from one plane, for example my Parkzone Slo-V, and use it with the same channel on one of the other planes. I've heard lots of complaints about having to use all these different controllers, but couldn't you just use 1 controller and buy the fuselage with the same channel, considering most of the parkzone flyers are 3 channel? I think it would be cheaper too, than buying all of it in one box, becuase you're not paying for the transmitter again. If anyone has tried this and it doesn't work, feel free to prove me wrong, i'm just hypothesizing.

Alex
Old 08-05-2005, 03:54 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: PZ Transmitters:Multiple Uses?

Alex,
Yes you can. But it would have to be one of the newer ones. For dual rate switch and combat module operation.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:44 PM
EvolPenguin

Yeah, like the slo-v one! Cool, that means I can upgrade without buying another transmitter

Alex
Old 08-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Fisher

EvolPenguin

I did just that. Flew my Slo-V for about 4 months and then bought all the parts to put an F-27 Stryker together minus the TX. All went very well and I have two planes using one TX. On my second Stryker I found that the High/Low rate switch worked in reverse. Not sure why but it does fine. If you build a Stryker from parts you might purchase a P-51 RX instead of a Stryker RX and then you can use lipo batteries or the Nmhi that come with it. Batteries on the single biggest expense.

Now I am seeing the limitations of the stock radio gear. Thinking about a computer radio but as usual $$$$ are the obstacle.

Have fun.