Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Skids Slow Stick Maiden + Pics!!

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Skids Slow Stick Maiden + Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:46 PM
skid_68
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skids Slow Stick Maiden + Pics!!

Hello all. I just made my first flight with my slowstick/first flight ever(I dont count the cessna cause that was only 5 seconds :P). Holy cow, I couldnt have asked for a better flight. It was picture perfect, the takeoffs, flying, and landings were all excellent. Im totally psyched! The plane flew so well, the CG was perfect, and only needed to barely adjust the trim. I cant wait to fly tomorrow(If the wind cooperates) I would say I flew for about 35 or so minutes, with my 2 cell Li-Poly 7.4v 1800mah battery. I have the 400 motor, and i flew at 3/4 to WOT about all the time. So Im very pleased with the flight time. That includes many ROG. I never hand launched it. Its funny though. Since Im waiting for spare part to my cessna, I used the speed controller, battery, and radio from my cessna to fly my Slow Stick. But had no problems. I had my friend record a bunch of flying, but I need to get the video on my computer, so Ill post it as soon as I get it done. But for now, here are some still pics. Thanks to anyone who gave me info, even after just my first flight, Im in love!

I love the shot with the sun.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60822.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	323570   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73042.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	323571   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ou49724.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	323572   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng10011.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	323573   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq90560.jpg
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	323574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xo89874.jpg
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	323575  
Old 09-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Skids Slow Stick Maiden + Pics!!

Great job skid!! welcome to the addiction!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:36 PM
skid_68
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks! The one thing that I owe my great first flight, takeoffs, and landings is to FMS. This sim taught me a lot, I used 3 different slow stick models, and when I took off and flew the real thing, it was just like the simulator. I HIGHLY recommend new pilots to practice on the FMS with whatever model you have. I probably flew for 6 hours total over a few days. It totally prepared me for my first flight. I had another great flight with the SS today. It was a little windy, but it handled well. Although it was trying with all its might to push into the wind. But I must say, Im dang good at landing this thing. Its so much fun!
Old 09-13-2005, 11:48 PM
Dr.Watson
My Feedback: (10)

i love the slow stick also. i just ordered a great planes turmoil flatout. i think i will get a slow stick next so i can go down the road about 150 yards to fly in the kickballfield at the elementary school. your on your way!! im glad that you were successful.