Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Daddy-O Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:34 PM
erauskydiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daddy-O Kit

I really loved the Daddy-O that was featured in the June issue of Fly RC. I was thinking of building one from the plans, but I have limited building experience, so I decided to scour the web for a kit. Luckily, I found one! http://www.bmjrmodels.com/catalog.cfm?ID=Park%20Flyers

The problem is that the description says that it includes fabric covering. I'm guessing monokote would be to heavy and might break the wood on this kit? Are there any plastic coatings that could work in place of fabric?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Low Voltage

Default RE: Daddy-O Kit

Magee:

Altho the website DOES say "traditional stick and tissue construction", I would guess that at 32" wingspan, it was probably done in one of the low temp iron on coverings. The easiest way to find out is give 'em a call. Their number is shown on the website.

I'm interested in the Sniffer or the Phoenix myself. Used to fly 'Old Timer " RC. Also lived not far from the the Sharpes area when I worked at Cape kennedy and flew with the Spaceport RC'rs
Old 10-14-2005, 03:43 PM
1987tc
My Feedback: (39)

Default RE: Daddy-O Kit

So-Lite is what I would use.
There is a long thread onrcg about it.