Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Poetnsky Eagle - Build & Maiden Flight Advice

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Poetnsky Eagle - Build & Maiden Flight Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:00 PM
JeremySutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poetnsky Eagle - Build & Maiden Flight Advice

Hello Potensky Eagle & Cobra pilots,

I have skim read some of the forums and review articles on the Potensky models, but need some more pointed advice...

I have purchased the Potensky Eagle ($89 with motor/speed control) as my second RC plane. I currently fly a Graupner Mini Piper and fly it very confidently and now am ready to move on and learn aerobatics. I use a Hitec Flash 5 radio system. I will be flying stock (at least to start).

This will be my second build and second plane to fly; hence I could really use your advice.

If you were to do it all over again from opening the box through landing from your first flight, what are the steps you would take?

- - - - What I know - - - -

I know it is important to:
a) Break in the motor / set brushes
b) Am I safe using the CG (center of gravity) in the instructions?
c) Trim everything out at zero
d) Do a frequency test before each flight

- - - - ADVICE NEEDED - - - -

1) What would you reinforce during build?

2) Use vinyl tape for hinges for control surfaces?

3) Motor break-in - is water break in or running all out for 2 minutes best? How do you do a water break in with this motor?

4) What is best way to mount decals?

5) Are there any unsuspecting challenges I should be aware when assembling? If so, how do I handle them?

6) What is the best way to set my radio computer up (mixing?) for learning aerobatics as a newbie to sport flying?

7) For first flight is a rolling take off or a throw best?

8) When taking off what should I expect (for example with the Mini Piper you throw / set throttle at 75% / let go of sticks and it makes a gentle left circle ascent)? What should I be doing?

Any building and first flight advice you can provide me with be much appreciated. I have a lot to learn and would like to make my maiden voyage both educated and prepared to increase my chances for success.

Happy Holidays,

Jeremy