Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

eflight ultimate fx 3D

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:22 PM
minty25
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eflight ultimate fx 3D

Received my new ultimate two days ago. WOW! This ones a lot better than the original profile eflight put out. The full fuse is beautiful and light. Flat wings and horizontal stab, full vertical stab and rudder. I have the brushless 370 can motor but ordered the 400 outrunner for this baby. When fully assembeled, it looks like my Goldberg ultimate.......just a little smaller. Cant wait to get this little guy in the air!
Old 01-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Bloodshed

Default RE: eflight ultimate fx 3D

I Just bought this little puppy also and it's really nice. However I cannot figure out how I am suppose to mount the 400 that I bought for it to the stick. Do I have to buy this part because I never found one in the box. (Only the geared one but with the 400 I believe that the prop is direct drive).

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2006, 11:18 PM
minty25

The mount for the 400 outrunner is to be ordered seperately from eflight....part#ELFM1915.
I have to order one too. Hope this thing flys as good as it looks!
Chris
Old 01-10-2006, 02:32 AM
Bloodshed

Yeah, It looks pretty sexy.

I was looking at the wing though and was shocked that it had no airfoil. Have you flown one like this before? I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to put around or if it's mainly going to be 3d flight only.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:51 PM
minty25

Ive had the eflight profile ultimate before. It has the same wings as the fx but this lower wing has more reinforcement (carbon fiber) in it. As far as flying the old one, not bad but the wind really kicked it around. The older version had several weak points to it but the new fx seems to have addressed the problems. I dont forsee any real problems beating up the sky with the fx and it SHOULD do well with any 3d trick in the book. I know the older version flys well and takes off in about two feet and lands nice and slow. I have heard of guys adding a leading edge made of foam just to help slow it down even more. No worries im sure it will do just fine and if not we threw a few bucks away and have to harvest our equipment to install in a better plane haha.......done that a few times.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:33 AM
Bloodshed

I'm still waiting for some parts also until I can get mine into the air (It seems like it has been months since I ordered them but in reality only a few days,lol). The kit was really simple to build and the instructions were straight forward also. If you get yours off the ground before mine (The winds here are horrible, might be a while) then be sure to post a flight report on this thread, I'll be sure to do the same.

Thanks for all the help Minty .