Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

10x4.7 Prop for Ultra Mini Stick

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

10x4.7 Prop for Ultra Mini Stick

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:42 AM
seckert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10x4.7 Prop for Ultra Mini Stick

Would a 10x4.7 E-Flite prop be any better than the 10x7 prop recommended by E-Flite?Whats the
difference between the two?Thanks for any help!
Old 05-14-2006, 10:15 AM
Slo-V Flyer

Default RE: 10x4.7 Prop for Ultra Mini Stick

The 10x4.7 will give you more thrust compared to the 10x7, but your model will fly a tad slower. Thrust is like torque in a car engine. It's the "ummph" you feel when you step on the gas and you stick to the seat. Thrust on an airplane will give it good acceleration when you throttle up from lets say a botched landing attempt. But, like a car stuck in second gear, it won't give you top speed. But it will give you slightly more runtime, caused by pulling lesser amps from your batteries, because it is easier to turn a prop with a shallower pitch (the 4.7" ). e.g One of the reasons a helicopters can go vertical easily is because their blades' pitch is so shallow (usually) which aids in giving more thrust.

The 10x7 will sacrifice some thrust and give you more top speed, so you will fly faster. Also, you will drain your batteries faster, because it takes more power to turn a higher pitch prop, i.e. pulling more amps from your batteries to supply the motor with enough power, think of it like starting a car out in 3rd gear, you don't pick up speed as fast, and you usually need to step on it to do so, but you end up going faster.

I'm sure if they recommended the 10x7, they must have tested other props and determined it to be the best balance of performance. I've left out a few details, but that should help you in the right direction.

I hope I answered your question, and not repeat something you already knew, unless I didn't understand your question....
Old 06-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Street Flyer

Default RE: 10x4.7 Prop for Ultra Mini Stick

I am wondering what size prop to put on an mini ultra stick with a park 480 outrunner on it. I would like something with some torque like a 4.7 pitch, but I don't know what size to use.