Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

First (sucessful) flight with begin air

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

First (sucessful) flight with begin air

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:23 AM
procrashtinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First (sucessful) flight with begin air

Hello all! Thought I would make a quick post to tell ya about this past weekend. I got my begin air a few weeks ago and promply took it out and crashed it. After fixing the wing and figuring out what went wrong, I tamed the controls down some and thought I would give it another try. I got out early Sat. to try my luck with my newly fixed plane (again). It was windy enough that I was thinking about calling it all off when the club instructor said "lets go". We grabbed my plane and headed for the field. I was doing my best to scrub the mission but to no avail. Before I knew it, it was in the air. Nose in the wind and flying beautifully. One thing is for sure, when flying downwind, that thing will haul @$$! Anyway, had several sucessful take offs and landings and I came home with an intact airplane and a big ! For anyone who is interested in a aileron trainer, this is an ok airplane. One thing to watch is the amout of throw on the controls. I had to tame it down quite a bit by setting the control rods and dialing down the expos. Good luck and happy flying!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:18 AM
flmlm

Default RE: First (sucessful) flight with begin air

procrashtinator,

Condraz on the successful flight, feels great doesn't it. Keep up the good work and Happy Landings!

Regards
Mike
Old 07-05-2006, 09:26 PM
stockdaddy

My first flight was with the beginair also. It flies very nicely in winds around 7mph or less.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:27 AM
Wastegate

It's a great feeling to have the first successful flight especially when it all seems so impossible at the start! Well done!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:33 AM
procrashtinator

So far, everytime I have taken it out it has been pretty windy. It will definitely handle more wind than I thought it would. I am very excited about going to the flying feild now. I'm sure I will crash as I learn more but yes, it is a great feeling to come home with an airplane still in one piece. I am now in the middle of building my next plane that is of course harder to fly so I will do the learning curve all over again. I guess that's all part of it.