Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Mini Super Sportster Ep

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:17 AM
maiden-crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Super Sportster Ep

Hi all.

I Bought a mini super sportser ep a couple of days ago. Its the scaled down versions of the glow powered super sportser. Assembly was a breeze. The manual recommends the use of an 8cell 1100 milliamp battery but I used my 7 cell 1000mah battery from my stryker mainly because thats all I have at hand. I maidened it today in a very strong and gusty breeze. First hand launch 9only needs to be tossed gently) it pulled to the left and crashed. To my surprise, it wasnt even scratched! Upon inspection, I forgot to trim the plane out before hand. So I took care of that and launched it again, went around for a quick curcuit and landed and let me tell you this plane can slow down to crawling speed and lands on grass without a problem. I then performed a rog and it eased into the air without a problem. I got it up high and even with the wind, this plane flew beautifully. Time to land. i got it down gently by easing of the throttle. Where I fly there is an area of very short grass but behind that there is longer grass but still a hard ground. As I eased the throttle, the plane came within two feet of the ground, got caught in the grass and flipped backwards. I ran over to inspect it and once again, not even a scratch!! Fyew, that got me scared! Cant wait to fly it again tomorow with hopefully no wind. Also I found that even with a battery under stock recomendation, it had plenty of power. I found that this plane by all means is not fast (probably will be with Lipo upgrade) but it has a lot of pulling power and can climb fairly steeply.

All in all, I recomend this plane to everyone with a little rc experience, you wont be disappointed.

I'll keep you filled in.

See ya!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:22 AM
sama

Default RE: Mini Super Sportster Ep

Fotos? Price?
Old 08-23-2006, 12:44 AM
maiden-crash

Hi Sama.

It costs $150 aud (100 roughly american) and it comes with a motor. Cant post any photos since I dont have any.

Link:

[link=http://www.electrifly.com/speed400/gpma1156.html]Electrifly.com[/link]
Old 08-23-2006, 02:51 AM
maiden-crash

I flew it again and in slightly less wind. The plane flew out of my hand without even a toss, just a little step and let go. I went around for a few circuits and decided to see how it stalls. I turned it into the wind and reduced throttle. It was literally not moving in the air by 1//6 throttle! What happened next was amazing. It started moving backwards in the air with no stall, just aloss of altidude!!! I then throttled up again so as it wouldnt get carried away in the wind and it climbed out grace fully. Although I didnt perform any aerobatics, I pulled up to vertical to see how long it lasts and It lasted for two and a half seconds, all with the stock power system. Now that may not seem so much but with a fairly slow speed it had a remarkable climb rate.

This plane didnt cease to amaze me!