Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

HZ Super Cub Onboard Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
NitroEddie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HZ Super Cub Onboard Video

I appologize for the shaky video. The Super Cub is usually a very stable video platform, but there was a storm approaching and as a result, there were some nasty thermals and turbulence a couple hundred feet up. So much so that I was actually able to completely cut power at altitude and glide around. The video is also unedited so please excuse the first 45 seconds or so as I taped the camera to the fuse.

Enjoy!

[link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video.php?viewkey=4aa3ad78bdd6b366cc17]Super Cub Onboard Vid[/link]
Old 09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
jmir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HZ Super Cub Onboard Video

NitroEddie,

What kind of video camera did you use. The video was great, so I assume it is some type of camcorder rather than the spy-type cameras that transmit to a receiver on the ground.

Old 09-15-2006, 03:23 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Nice video! Where'd you buy your 5in1 edvr from?

somegeek
Old 09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
NitroEddie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The camera is a 5in1 eDVR as mentioned above. It's about the size of a Bic lighter. The video was recorded on low resolution to increase recording time. On hi res., the image is very clear but recording time is shorter.

My camera is virtually the same as the one seen [link=http://www.e-flightline.com/multipod.htm]here[/link] , but they are no longer available. From what I understand, they are no longer being produced. I got mine from www.gorillabobsshack.com . Cost was $94 shipped to my house. It's perfect for R/C aircraft. Damn shame they aren't made anymore.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:17 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Everywhere I've looked they are no longer made or in inventory. Few different makers of the 5in1 edvr cameras. Hard to find something that small and light that does 25fps. Most that size/price do 15fps which sucks compared to 25fps for under a hundred bucks.

somegeek