Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Flybyvam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Supermarine Spitfire Mk11B

Hi Guys,

I took some images of my friend Larry's Spitfire in the air about a week ago...enjoy!

Spitfire closing in on a cub

Coming by low

Looking good on a flyby

High speed pass

Other eye candy [link=http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=126815]here![/link]

Best Wishes,
Michael
Old 04-07-2007, 11:39 PM
traxxboy

The black and white photo looks real
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 AM
MAX HEADSPEED

Nice pics. The SPITTY looks like a blast to fly. Was it as smooth to fly as you make it appear?
On the straffing run pic it appears that the elevator/horizontal stab is twisted to the right. Did it effect the control of the B1-RD.
I've yet to maiden my FW190 or P51 'STANG. Need some good weather.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:59 AM
astro1111

The Spitfire is very stable and has great pitch authority but a little slow in roll. It has great gliding characteristic with no tendancy to tip stall. It is the best electric I have flown so far.

Astro
Old 04-08-2007, 12:00 PM
astro1111

I notice your from decatur, AL. Are you associated with the Delta plant? I used to be a Boeing empl. but am still assoc.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:49 PM
traxxboy

No I am not but i know alot of people that work there.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:41 PM

Max Headspeed

Good eye. Yes my elevator is canted to one side and I worried that it would affect the flight but believe it or not I noticed no difference.

This is the first war bird that I have flown that will not snap out when you suddenly jerk up elevator. Great stable flyer with good slow flight with out the worry of dropping a wing.

Keep then flying.

Larry
Old 04-08-2007, 04:39 PM
traxxboy

ORIGINAL: 29904

Max Headspeed

Good eye. Yes my elevator is canted to one side and I worried that it would affect the flight but believe it or not I noticed no difference.

This is the first war bird that I have flown that will not snap out when you suddenly jerk up elevator. Great stable flyer with good slow flight with out the worry of dropping a wing.

Keep then flying.

Larry
I have a Midwest p-51 that snaps when you jerk full up elevator
Old 04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
astro1111

Okay. You are going to love this plane. I was flying just now and I lost the motor but the great glide characterists allowed me about 25 secs of flight from 100 ft. She can in fine. Looks like I forgot to put Locktight on the motor threads of my brushless. I was fixed in about 30 minutes and I'm setting up for another go at 6.

Happy Easter, Astro
Old 04-08-2007, 06:46 PM
AirWing Marine

Hey Flybyvam..Hows ya doing?...My Spit is a hanger queen, till I can find out why im not getting anypower to the airelons or elevators....I have about 20 flights on it by the time it took its dings..I took it home, tested control surfaces, everything worked...Took wing off to do some cosmetic work, reattached the wing, now NOTHING!..Motor works, but no Airelons or Elevator, have checked out connectors they seem to be straight..wondering if something electrical failed..any ideas..this is the second one that this has happened too..also, Mike? let me know when you guys are flying..Ill drop by...Take care...Steve.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:20 PM
Flybyvam

Traxxboy - thanks....good compliment.

Max Headspeed - I was going to reply and say that Larry (29904) was the guy you need to talk to (his plane), but he already chimed in!

Air Wing - Could it be a bad receiver? I'm definitely not the plane expert so maybe a few others can chime in. We're usually out there any Sunday afternoon that we have good weather. By about 3pm there's a few of us out there! Come on out and join the fun...

Take care!
Mike
Old 04-09-2007, 12:30 AM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Just got mine and it is all set to go, but way too windy this weekend []

the control throws look pretty tame even on high rates.....I want to get it up to trim it, and I can work from there, but I don't want it so twitchy that I over control it...
For you guys that have flown it...high rates or low rates for the first flight ??????

Old 04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
rogue29

I had a question to spitfire owners, Did your bird seem to want to run hard nose down at center stick, It was a handful to try to get altitude to trim kept kicking down. Eventually put it into the deck and broke the motor mount, wing and nose cowl. Hand launced alot better than the P-51. Should I kick the elevator up a little from 0 degrees. Waiting to hear more mods to this model. Definately not giving up on this, cause when it was in the air (for a short time LOL) it was a smooth flyer. I think the best PZ warbird out of the 3. Also went through 3 models from LHS coming out of the box with stabilizer and rear section twisted. Someone who has done the brushless and LI-PO mod, can you give some info to someone new to the brushless world?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:57 PM
AirWing Marine

Wayne22, the spitfire was my first sucessful Warbird...I flew about 10 flights on low just to get the feel of the Plane, then switched to high and Off i went......lol...Have fun...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Dan and I flew our PZ Spitfires this morning at Green Hill Park. It was his first flight on his new bird but he soon realized what a sweet flying machine he has. It has unbelievable slow flight ability with no dropping of a wing, unheard of with war birds. We are flying with the stock motor and our own favorite brand of radios.

Hope PZ has another WW2 war bird coming soon that is at least as good as their Spitfire.

Larry

Old 04-11-2007, 09:20 PM
traxxboy

Just got my spitfire assembled. Works good instructions were a little fuzzy o the wing assembly(Jumper?) But it works and hope to maiden it tommorow
Old 04-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Flybyvam

Dan and I flew our PZ Spitfires this morning at Green Hill Park. It was his first flight on his new bird but he soon realized what a sweet flying machine he has. It has unbelievable slow flight ability with no dropping of a wing, unheard of with war birds. We are flying with the stock motor and our own favorite brand of radios.

Hope PZ has another WW2 war bird coming soon that is at least as good as their Spitfire.

Larry
Glad to hear that Danny got his ready and in the air! Looking forward to seeing them both up there sometime soon!

Take care,
Mike
Old 04-13-2007, 02:43 PM
onewheeldoin200

*sigh*

Well I maidened her today, against my own advice (I was basically goaded into it by my roomates) and smacked her into the ground. I went home and looked at the weather report: 26 km/h winds. Ugh. Stupid stupid. (we were a little bit shielded on the ground, so it didn't feel that bad)

At least the airframes are cheap. The wings and horizontal stab are fine. I just need the gearbox, cowl, prop, and fuselage.

Anyone know what exactly is included with the replacement fuselage? (ie. is the gearbox/cowl/gearbox mounts etc etc?)
Old 04-13-2007, 04:06 PM
traxxboy

Rain stopped me from maidening today
Old 04-13-2007, 05:14 PM

onewheeldoin200

The ony thing you get is the stripped fuselage. You will need decals, plastic inner frame structure, gear box, canopy, pilot, cowling, prop, spinner and battery cover.

Good luck and watch that wind.

Larry
Old 04-13-2007, 05:38 PM
onewheeldoin200

onewheeldoin200

The ony thing you get is the stripped fuselage. You will need decals, plastic inner frame structure, gear box, canopy, pilot, cowling, prop, spinner and battery cover.

Good luck and watch that wind.

Larry
Oh....well that kind of sucks Thanks for the info, though!

What about the airframe package? Is that JUST the foam parts?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Nickerz
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry double post..see post below...
Old 04-13-2007, 09:43 PM
AirWing Marine

Well, Got my Spit back in flying shape..just alittle battle damage...Have a Fockewolfe cannon shot size hole in my vertical stablelizer..Happened when I hit a small tree...Looks pretty real..lol...Just waiting on this freaky Virginia spring weather to calm down so I can get her airborne again.....Keep em Flying guys!
Old 04-14-2007, 12:14 AM
traxxboy

Bad storm passing hear in Alabama. Waiting till Sunday to maiden hopefuly.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Nickerz
My Feedback: (1)

I noticed my Spit has this same problem. If you're looking at the plane, nose first, the left side of my elevator is angled down. After close inspection, it appears the plane's tail is molded this way so it hangs at an angle. I'm going to take it back to my LHS to see if I can swap it with another one. I don't want to take any chances and it doesn't look right.

Nick

PS Thanks for sharing those pics! Your spit looks really good!

Max Headspeed

Keep then flying.

Larry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.